Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at Selhurst Park

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So then, in summary, no one agrees about how much noise was made. Excellent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Sky team were fair. In the first half and at t/t had nothing but praise for us, our dominance, passing, composure, attacking intent.

As for the home fans atmosphere, the decibels and optimism definitely waned as the second half wore on, with the realisation that they going to take no goals advantage to fortress Amex.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I have to say I thought the Palace fans were absolutely excellent volume wise. I thought our fans were a bit subdued. Might have been nerves?

As mentioned previously Selhurst is a stadium that does not generate great acoustics, I thought that both sets of fans gave their all and believe me it was a tremendous effort from our fans and sounded great from where I was standing. No nerves from our supporters and more of a repertoire than the Palace fans.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Both set of fans seemed in good voice on the tellybox.......of course Palace sounded louder...they had 10 times more voices there. Good effort from both sets of supporters imo

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There's actually a thread on the BBS with people begging CP2010 to get rid of it. They know how shite it is. Unfortunately, like a lot of "entertainment" in modern football, it's defended by big wigs as being good for the 'family feel'.
Reckon it'll be gone in the next couple of years.

Can't someone just put their foot through it? ;)

I actually saw one bloke wearing a Chelsea training top with a Palace scarf round his neck, and they call us plastic !

I saw one bloke wearing a Palace top and obviously dreaming about Man Utd - plastic players !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Interesting how different it seems at a game. Several neutrals I've spoken to thought it was rubbish whereas I really enjoyed it. Didn't know Sky were talking about our desperate defending. It's the most relaxed I've ever been at a big Albion game because I thought we were so in control in the first half. A couple of second half scares but that's to be expected. Guess I just have a lot of trust in these players... So much quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here