Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at Selhurst Park

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I thought it was a great atmosphere. Fair play to Palace they were very loud, the drum was annoying as hell, but they got behind their team particularly second half. We were in full voice too and at times did drown out their lot on the odd occasion. It had the air of a full blooded cup tie about it and was all the better for it. One thing I would say, is that inside the ground the atmosphere was an awful lot less poisonous than usual, can't say I was too disappointed by that either.

Spot on , the hate I feel is ebbing away the more we play . Good noise last night , I couldn't hear you much but could see you were signing abit . My take on the game was first half you looked good ( you pass the ball about nicely ) But we got going in the second and the draw was a fair reflection of the game . I still feel you've got abit too much for us on Monday i think we've run out of steam but football isn't that simple and strange things do happen so I live in hope . One thing which keeps me hopeful is all these confident threads and the arrogance in them , I hope for your sakes it doesn't come back and kick you up the bo llocks !

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Can't believe some of the comments! Although
I haven't seen it in tv yet I thought the atmosphere was excellent from both throughout! Not as good as the 1-0 night game but we keep getting smaller allocations.

Not sure about the lack of hostility either-just think old bill had it hugely wrapped up! Came out of Norwood around 7 and it was tense.at a pub with beer garden it nearly went off with few things chucked from palace.afterwards seemed they had learnt from previous mistakes and literally cleared the entire high street of people.remember some Brighton getting excited as we approached the cross roads only to see an empty street!

Also think the atmosphere of a game when it's dark is far more intimidating.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The atmosphere was crackling last night from both sets of fans. But Feck me it was a Play-off semi against bitter rivals.

First time in years that I 've heard the Palace fans sing at Selhurst - they did well considering the shite their team served up - ale house football - put it the mixer. Should they reach the Prem then they will be an embarrassment playing like that.:cool:

100% in agreement with all of this

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Was a great atmosphere all round and fair play to all of the Brighton fans, give yourselves a pat on the back...My throat is sore. There were a hell of a lot of older fans and young kids which have not been present on previous occasions when the stand was just full of mongs looking for a punch up.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Palace atmosphere was cracking I thought but I can't see how people can say that we were quiet.

For the home leg I'm sure all the family people behind me will be whinging but I'm standing and getting involved with all the songs, swear words included. Hopefully I'm not the only one in the east upper doing so :)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Was a great atmosphere all round and fair play to all of the Brighton fans, give yourselves a pat on the back...My throat is sore. There were a hell of a lot of older fans and young kids which have not been present on previous occasions when the stand was just full of mongs looking for a punch up.

I think we did OK for under 10% of the gate, with such a gap between us and them on the left-hand side. Given the loyalty points required, you're talking about a support largely comprising died-in-the-wool fans, ex-Withdeaners etc, and fewer of the 'pwoper nawty' crew, so it's not likely to be as hostile as it has been before on occasion, at least not from us. Take 4,000 up there and you'd probably have a slightly different story.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I sit in the next block to them and caught a quick peek at the banner, and it mentioned something about Triggaaar sticking his multi-quotes up his arse !!
:rotlf:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Spot on , the hate I feel is ebbing away the more we play . Good noise last night , I couldn't hear you much but could see you were signing abit . My take on the game was first half you looked good ( you pass the ball about nicely ) But we got going in the second and the draw was a fair reflection of the game . I still feel you've got abit too much for us on Monday i think we've run out of steam but football isn't that simple and strange things do happen so I live in hope . One thing which keeps me hopeful is all these confident threads and the arrogance in them , I hope for your sakes it doesn't come back and kick you up the bo llocks !

I think Wurzel will go with 2 wingers from the beginning on Monday and Gus will counteract that with us starting with 2 wingers too. I believe it will be decided by which manager has the best strategy before and during the game.

Dec 29, 2011
The home fans were louder? Well that will happen when there is 20,000 against 2,000. On the TV I could barely hear our fans for most of the game, however Sky can chose which mics they turn on/off so I'll take nothing from that. Also note Palace only really had one song they sung a lot, and it was ****ing monotonous.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
These Palace fans are rubbish liars. This one on BBs expects us to believe this:

Today, 09:55 AM
colin88

I met a Brighton fan after the game last night, gave him a bit of stick and asked him how long he'd supported them for. His reply 'Only a year or so. Don't get me wrong though, I don't support them that much. Chelsea are still my first team.'

Chinny reckon, this really happened sunbeam. They are so desperate to play up this plastic tag that their stories are getting ridiculous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One thing which keeps me hopeful is all these confident threads and the arrogance in them , I hope for your sakes it doesn't come back and kick you up the bo llocks !
The winners will be ecstatic, the losers will be gutted, regardless of who is confident right now.

These Palace fans are rubbish liars. This one on BBs expects us to believe this:

Today, 09:55 AM
colin88

I met a Brighton fan after the game last night, gave him a bit of stick and asked him how long he'd supported them for. His reply 'Only a year or so. Don't get me wrong though, I don't support them that much. Chelsea are still my first team.'

Chinny reckon, this really happened sunbeam. They are so desperate to play up this plastic tag that their stories are getting ridiculous.
Like you say, they are gutted that we have so many more fans than them, so they keep peddling this plastic nonsense. So how did this 'fan' of only a year or so get enough loyalty points to get a ticket. Made up nonsense.

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
Not a lot of us like the drum tbh, but then again I don't like the after goal music and the repeating of the surname either. I was in holmesdale lower and heard you intermittently, that said at the end you were very loud and was impressed by the singing, clapping and jumping (even some of the older fans were joining in). As for the palace fans at London bridge, I think a large majority have accepted we're going to lose, you were a class above in the first half and in the second I wasn't sure if you had tired out around the 60 minute mark or if you were playing for the draw?

As for zaha, I'm glad we got the money for him that we did because he isn't going to be the next Ronaldo that's for sure, was in Bridge's pocket all first half and didn't beat him once. He will potentially be playing up against some of the best defenders in the world, some as good if not better than Bridge. He was very good when we were at school though!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The winners will be ecstatic, the losers will be gutted, regardless of who is confident right now.

Like you say, they are gutted that we have so many more fans than them, so they keep peddling this plastic nonsense. So how did this 'fan' of only a year or so get enough loyalty points to get a ticket. Made up nonsense.

Maybe a corporate guest ?
Was he in with Bozza's crew ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Day started badly as we left Norwood Junction, one huge shaven headed BHAFC fan declared to that pub - "You are all ****ing caants"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don't know, it's a so called quote from one of your guys. And of course it is possible, just as it's likely that Palace had people there last night that don't really support Palace (after all, you don't get 23k every week). What we do know if that your fans like to pretend we're all Chelsea fans. One wrote a funny letter to the local paper, pretending to be a new fan, having previously been a Leeds & Celtic fan.

We know that your fans bang on about this idea that we're all plastic, because you started by saying we wouldn't fill the Amex, then when we did, you said it was first season syndrome, and we'd be down to 12k in the second season - given that those predictions failed to materialise, calling us plastics is all you've got left to come up with.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
The sky commentary seemed heavily biased towards palace to the point i nearly switched the sound down. Do you know who was commentating?

Totally agree with this. It really pissed me off ranting about "should have been a penalty blah blah" was a right wanker

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

In my group, the 'newest' fan has been supporting the Albion for 10 years. And that is my 10 year old daughter. There'll be at least 300 years of Albion support between the other 9 in my group.

[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] will probably remember the specifics but we did laugh at the 'Palace fans' in the adjoining box to ours when they revealed they were actually a mix of Chelsea, Millwall and Arsenal. Plastic, plastic, plastic.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Not a lot of us like the drum tbh, but then again I don't like the after goal music and the repeating of the surname either. I was in holmesdale lower and heard you intermittently, that said at the end you were very loud and was impressed by the singing, clapping and jumping (even some of the older fans were joining in). As for the palace fans at London bridge, I think a large majority have accepted we're going to lose, you were a class above in the first half and in the second I wasn't sure if you had tired out around the 60 minute mark or if you were playing for the draw?

As for zaha, I'm glad we got the money for him that we did because he isn't going to be the next Ronaldo that's for sure, was in Bridge's pocket all first half and didn't beat him once. He will potentially be playing up against some of the best defenders in the world, some as good if not better than Bridge. He was very good when we were at school though!

Jesus a sensible post! Well done that man.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here