Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At what stage is enough enough?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
In my opinion when the club stated that Norwood was not plan B and they wanted to sign both Pritchard and Norwood , I thought they were planning to let Dale go. I cant believe we would have had Pritchard, Norwood Kayal, Sidwell, Towell, Ince and kept Stephens for two positions.

But they wouldnt have been as Pritchard was destined for a number 10 type of role so more likely to have taken the place of Murray or Hemed than a central midfield spot

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In my opinion when the club stated that Norwood was not plan B and they wanted to sign both Pritchard and Norwood , I thought they were planning to let Dale go. I cant believe we would have had Pritchard, Norwood Kayal, Sidwell, Towell, Ince and kept Stephens for two positions.

Well, you could be thinking about letting Ince go - and Towell seems to be the forgotten man. So Pritchard AND Norwood AND Stephens AND Kayal AND Sidwell ....... why not? OK, we're not getting Pritchard now, but Stephens, Norwood, Sidwell and Kayal - along with the forgotten man - seems like a good set of midfield options to me.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't care if we risk losing him for nothing next summer. He's a very important player for us and however much we'd get for him is nothing compared to the income we'd receive if promoted. I wouldn't entertain any offers at all, he's here for another season and then next summer he can stay or go.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't care if we risk losing him for nothing next summer. He's a very important player for us and however much we'd get for him is nothing compared to the income we'd receive if promoted. I wouldn't entertain any offers at all, he's here for another season and then next summer he can stay or go.

I agree that he's an important member of the squad, but I'm with Warren Aspinall on this. He said if someone offered £6m for him then we should accept it which would give Hughton money to bring in one or two players rather than letting a valuable, in money terms, player walk out of the door next year for nothing.

Ideally he will sign and we can all move on.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm not keen on trying to predict what goes on within the inner sanctums of the Amex. Because I (like most of us) know diddley squat about what really happens, or more importantly what individual players views are.
I love the fact that the club seems to be a 'squad happy' place. In that respect I'm glad we didn't sign Pritchard.
My views, such as they are with Dale, might hang on our being able to land a goalscorer in the next three weeks. For that's the only thing that's going to stop us this season ....as it was last.
I'd like to think that all of the current squad would love to stay here, if we get promoted. Surely we can't be as desperately unlucky, as we were last season. Onwards and upwards....:bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here