Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] At what point should Potter be sacked?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I dont know but unlike me am fuming, not at result but approach to game

Home game and all of our central attackers on bench.

CB playing at left back. OK wasnt bad in last game but was rubbish again tonight. Wide players find it so easy to go past

Veltman out of position at wingback

Bernardo out of position at wing back because a CB is in his position

Was a joke resting so many tonight. Min requirement was win one of the 2 home games. Should have done everything to win tonight and could think about resting next game if result good.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Nope, the real issue is that this manager doesn’t know how and can not get a tune out of the players he has. We have a team that could hold its own but are completely devoid of confidence due to the management. Give these players to ta differenteve coach and the results could well improve!

We are playing as good football as I've seen (other than Gus) and its in the top division with a limited bdget. We need to score more goals and cut out some naivety but I believe in the project.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
We are playing as good football as I've seen (other than Gus) and its in the top division with a limited budget.

We really are not. We have played well in a couple of games, we keep possession but this playing good football is nonsense. The ball goes sideways and backwards. We have played well at the beginning of the season but been dire for months!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That was awful tonight. It was so predictable. I have been a big supporter of potter but that was awful.

I am sure Dan burn is a lovely bloke but why is he getting picked? He can cross, he has no pace and despite being tall he is not good in the air because he can’t jump, he merely leans and directs the ball which means no power.

As for starting with no strikers? Wow. Alexis and Ali J are essentially the same player with no pace, the odd nice touch, small and not too strong on the ball. Groß and propper also too similar. The key thing all four pack is pace. When Lamptey is out we look slow. We need to sign someone with pace and we must always play a striker. Last time we didn’t we also created no big chances.

Ben white must wish he had got that transfer.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
We really are not. We have played well in a couple of games, we keep possession but this playing good football is nonsense. The ball goes sideways and backwards. We have played well at the beginning of the season but been dire for months!

What do you expect from us? Unfortunately Sam Allardyce has a job so who do you fancy, Pardew, Hughes, Pullis just been sacked?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I have been Pro-Potter to this point but for me tonights selection was bizarre to say the least, if he can justify it by getting a result against Wolves then benefit of the doubt. Anything but a win and I am off the fence and in the Potter out camp.

That said players do need to share some of the responsibility.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sack or back? It is one or the other. Serious spend in January or a change in manager. Can’t see success any other way.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What do you expect from us? Unfortunately Sam Allardyce has a job so who do you fancy, Pardew, Hughes, Pullis just been sacked?

I expect us to win more than once in 2020. I expect to play at least one striker against a team directly above us. I expect the manager to have a clue as to what his best side is and not make some many changes like he did today!

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I expect us to win more than once in 2020. I expect to play at least one striker against a team directly above us. I expect the manager to have a clue as to what his best side is and not make some many changes like he did today!

We played 2 days ago...players needed a rest. We made changes, we dominated the midfield and failed to convert chances.

Clearly we see differently. I believe in the long term vision, you and many others want instant success. Without us spending big on players, it won't happen overnight. I don't want us to become a reactionary club a la Watford and chop and change. We need an ethos...Potter brings that, we have to back him and spend on quality to finish these chances

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We played 2 days ago...players needed a rest. We made changes, we dominated the midfield and failed to convert chances.

Clearly we see differently. I believe in the long term vision, you and many others want instant success. Without us spending big on players, it won't happen overnight. I don't want us to become a reactionary club a la Watford and chop and change. We need an ethos...Potter brings that, we have to back him and spend on quality to finish these chances

I bet any team that played a couple of days ago didn’t make 6 changes not play a striker and losing at home with 3/4 strikers on bench only bring one on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Think it’s sack or fully back with cash at this point really. Not a lot of faith in Potter now but I’m not too convinced that another manager will get much more out of this squad really.

Probably need to bite the bullet and pay £30m+ for a striker. If we still go down we will recoup selling Bissouma, Lamptey, White anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here