Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We’ve looked vulnerable on our right side but dangerous going forward so if we bring on Caicedo and Mitoma early on I can see us at least getting a draw.

With Ensisco and Undav we seem to have two number 10s playing. Ok today, Ensisco is playing in Mitomas position so not quite getting many chances himself but has provided some great passes through the defence

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I think Webster is having a shocker. Facundo very quiet.
But Enciso and Undav playing really well.
I think Ayari done ok on debut.

Expecting some changes during early part of second half. Unlike Everton and Newcastle, this is one we can claw back, providing we don't concede the next one

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Villa are playing the same game that Newcastle did against us: Commit players forward to try to stop us breaking the press. If it goes wrong and we break out, commit tactical fouls to stop us. We could do with a special teams player like Ward Prowse whose deadball skills could discourage that cynical anti-football approach.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’ve despaired of some of Undav’s play this season (that barn door touch in the semi) but he’s got something? Needed with all the extra games next season you’d think
Shame all he does is score goals. Same as that Haaland bloke. Can't see them getting much more minutes without adding a bit more to their game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wasn't their second goal a foul on Veltman? Didn't touch the ball, but tripped Veltman.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I predict we are going to come out strong in the second half and win this.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Enciso is a very very good footballer. He's played two astonishing passes to Denis.
Very much so

JP was outstanding against Haaland and indeed in general play against City, the best team in the Prem, if not Europe, if not the world. That's a fair yardstick. I'll leave others to defend Webster.
Agree with this too, JPVH really impressed in that match, needs a chance!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Martinez, Mings, McGinn, Luiz, Watkins*. Does any team have a higher quotient of annoying twats in their team than Villa?

*I'm willing to be argued out of my belief that Watkins is a twat. He might just be annoying and suffering from reflected twatishness from the others.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
English football has gone desperately wrong.
Something has to be done to restore Chelsea and Spurs to Europe, where they belong.
Is there not a Minister of Sport to address such things?
Palace down to 12th.
Everton and Leeds down.
Spurs out of Europe.

Happy for the games to end now TBH.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Screenshot_20230528_173730_Chrome.jpg

Their tears tonight will be absolutely delicious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here