Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I know that onlt 5% of NSC will agree with this but sock boy is an excellent player. He looks the business playing for England. Bit harder with the duffers at Villa, but he really is decent. Maupay dives more when contacted - but less often in a game because he doesn't play the same position as sockboy and sees much less of the ball.

I think we can agree that he's excellent - but still dislike him! I was quite surprised today, he had the ball in the penalty area a few times and didn't even make an attempt to dive - disappointing, I expect the manager will have a word with him about that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Junior thinks he’s turd.

In the spirit of playing the ball rather than the man, that assessment could probably do with some reconsideration (Junior's not yours, obviously).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well for me the season starts this weekend good win and thought the players all looked to fight for the cause today which has been missing a bit lately.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Under the modern (often pathetic) game, I can see why that was a pen. I was gutted that Solly stuck his foot out and tickled the cheat’s shin-pad.

Under the modern laws/interpretation .... a pen imho. Morally and under the sport we all knew .... never a foul.

But Solly clearly got the ball. Does that not clear him ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Under the modern (often pathetic) game, I can see why that was a pen. I was gutted that Solly stuck his foot out and tickled the cheat’s shin-pad.

Under the modern laws/interpretation .... a pen imho. Morally and under the sport we all knew .... never a foul.

I must say Solly looked gutted as well. His immediate reaction was one of grief that he had, as you say, 'tickled him'. Luckily he got that faintest of touches on the ball - which is what the ref overturned it for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know that onlt 5% of NSC will agree with this but sock boy is an excellent player. He looks the business playing for England. Bit harder with the duffers at Villa, but he really is decent. Maupay dives more when contacted - but less often in a game because he doesn't play the same position as sockboy and sees much less of the ball.

Don't even think about giving us your view on SEGW, not today :glare:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oliver was in danger of losing that match. not for us, but for the moaning and whingeing in his ear from every villa player. It's only brighton, it must've been a foul michael!
Oh ref, he kicked me again, it's a foul!
Oh ref, I elbowed him in the face, but it's only brighton so don't even give a foul
Bloody hell, it was painful watching grown men act like 7 year olds???
I can see villa falling like a stone now and I will welcome it

But you have to remember that
1. We have never won at Villa Park
2. Grealish ALWAYS scores against us.

Ha ha ha ha ha. It was good to see Grealish losing it at the end and get booked, and he and Trezeguet have obviously been going to the Harry Kane school of simulation.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Except Solly got the ball. I’m not sure he even touched their player. I would prefer VAR to be binned for everyone but if it gets one right (the referral) then we have to get the decision.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That was so. so , so satisfying.....

The only minor complaint was BTsport did not interview either Grealish or Dean Smith post match

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Wow. A few refereeing points.
1) Why no replay of Cash’s handball?? I don’t think the whole ball was out. Big teams would have VAR looking at that.
2) Grealish has dived again and That is NEVER a yellow. That said, Lamptey didn’t need to go for that particularly against sock boy.
3) Couldn’t believe OLiver gave that. Thank goodness he was big enough to change his mind but would have looked ridiculous if not.

So relieved. Didn’t deserve it but are more than due some luck after Utd, Palace and Burnley.

potter's done well today, hasn't he

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I must say Solly looked gutted as well. His immediate reaction was one of grief that he had, as you say, 'tickled him'. Luckily he got that faintest of touches on the ball - which is what the ref overturned it for.

Ryan would have saved it [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
you need to stop talking about football

Very good. Did you watch the game though? We were lucky to win albeit against a good Villa side (we're due alot of luck!). I posted that comment as was pissed off that he brought on a centre back for Lallana when he has two young and gifted centre midfielders on the bench. It's an opinion. I'm still praying we win rather than wait until the end of the game to mouth off like some being wise after the event.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

He’s the only reason to watch England atm.
I love the way he dribbles past opponents.
Yes, there’s the diving....but blame the game not the player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here