[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Holy shit!

What a game, end to end, chances galore, heroic defending mixed with non existant defending, chances created, chances conceded, more shit refereeing, another shit penalty decision, unbelievably for the first time this season VAR works in our favour.

That's why we love the game, right?

Although I'm not sure I'd be saying that if Grealish had equalised in injury time with a penalty that shouldn't have been given against a player who shouldn't even have been on the pitch.

Welbeck showed what we'd been missing up front and Lamptey had an unstoppable first half. It's a real shame that he'll miss the Liverpool game. Grealish absolutely bought the foul.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Oliver was in danger of losing that match. not for us, but for the moaning and whingeing in his ear from every villa player. It's only brighton, it must've been a foul michael!
Oh ref, he kicked me again, it's a foul!
Oh ref, I elbowed him in the face, but it's only brighton so don't even give a foul
Bloody hell, it was painful watching grown men act like 7 year olds???
I can see villa falling like a stone now and I will welcome it

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Firstly all the team were great today.

However Solly [emoji3531] can say f u to the haters again. What a revelation he’s been this season at wing back. Absolutely good enough for England.

And Welbeck was very impressive. Not just his goal. He worked so hard and had some clever gamesmanship. He first the way we want to play perfectly.

He is making a bigger impact at our club than Lallana.

In GP we trust [emoji2969]

Agreed totally re: Wellbeck. He has totally changed the way we play because he stretches play so much- teams could just sit back before knowing we'd go backwards, but they can't do that now. He's so dynamic, so mobile, I didn't realise how quick he was. If he stays fit he is one of the best strikers in the league, which is very exciting.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So what actually happened for the pen is Trezeguet pulled the ball back, March deflected the ball AND didn't even touch the Villa man, he throws himself to the floor because he felt contact - but that contact was with the ricocheted ball, not March's leg.

Now former ref Peter Walton on BT is saying VAR's job not to get decisions right (!!), just to adjudicate on clear and obvious errors which he thinks that wasn't.

Unbelievable. For over a year VAR has ignored clear and obvious, so what is he talking about??

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oliver was in danger of losing that match. not for us, but for the moaning and whingeing in his ear from every villa player. It's only brighton, it must've been a foul michael!
Oh ref, he kicked me again, it's a foul!
Oh ref, I elbowed him in the face, but it's only brighton so don't even give a foul
Bloody hell, it was painful watching grown men act like 7 year olds???
I can see villa falling like a stone now and I will welcome it

To be honest, we did kick them....alot. Which is fine by me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I bet part of his narcissistic ego is, 'look, Im such a measured ref, how brave of me to overturn the decision'

He will be getting praise all week on Sky's 'Ref Watch' and the referees union.

BUT, who cares he saved our 3 points! :lolol:

Mmmm....he was criticised by the ref in the studio.

After ManU, what goes around comes around.

We are decent. Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Oh, and Luxury Villa would have gone top had they won. Think of that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But just think how good March would be if he wasn't so one footed and had a right foot ???

Oh and Danny Welbeck MOM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports