Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa v Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official*** match thread!!!

gort

Jan 22, 2010
Good support today lads. Seen some of your comments about our fans and how quiet we were, not sure what some of you were expecting. No offence but Brighton at home hardly sets the pulses racing and every other Premier League ground would have been dead aswell. And how many of them would have got 40,000 for Brighton at home?

Oh and well played.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Loads of Albion in the home end cheered when we scored they were rounded up not sure if chucked out or moved !!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Good support today lads. Seen some of your comments about our fans and how quiet we were, not sure what some of you were expecting. No offence but Brighton at home hardly sets the pulses racing and every other Premier League ground would have been dead aswell. And how many of them would have got 40,000 for Brighton at home?

Oh and well played.
We are massive you fool and you lot only turned up for us:lolol:

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
a slight bit of noise from villa fans, at least they sing when they're winning , lol

ya know i must say i never even heard the villa fans singing at all. and i must say i dont think the albion fans are the loudest fans at all but today each adn every on of them sang and shouted their hearts out pretty much all though the game. pity its not like that at withdean maybe getting behind the team this much might help them with home wins.:O:clap2:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Elphick!!!!!

Attachments

• elphich.jpg
    elphich.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 304

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Thoroughly enjoyed that. Thought we gave a very good team performance and gave them a bit of a scare at the end.

Lets hope we carry that sort of performance into our league games for the rest of the season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Excellent performance by the stripes. I was always confident we would score but sadly knew we'd concede. Wingers won the game for Villa, but we played particularly well in the second part of the first half. Good to Gus again giving it a go at the end with the introduction of attacking subs. On another day with the ball rolling our way a bit more we'd have come away with a replay I think.

atomicjam

Jan 3, 2010
ya know i must say i never even heard the villa fans singing at all. and i must say i dont think the albion fans are the loudest fans at all but today each adn every on of them sang and shouted their hearts out pretty much all though the game. pity its not like that at withdean maybe getting behind the team this much might help them with home wins.:O:clap2:

Villa sang a fair bit and no suprise you only heard Albion as I presume you were in the away end? Good game, and hope you all enjoyed Villa Park. Far better than St Andrews?!! Up the Villa

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

Oh and well played.
You didn't stand a chance today mate.Not against the best supported club in the world,according to some.(all on here):wave:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Couldn't be happier - good performance, scored 2 and out of cup to get down to the meaningful business of the league. A replay or a win would have been worse for us IMHO

The reason we sounded so loud is because the villa press area is at the North Stand end of the Trinity Road stand, therefore they were almost next to us!!

Great performance from the lads and fans today!! The Baloons looked AWESOME!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
28 Dec Sat 17:30 H Tottenham HotspurPREM D 1-1 39,866
5 Jan Sat 15:00 H Hull City PREM W 3-0 39,748
29 Jan Tue 19:45 H Liverpool PREM L 0-1 42,788
20 Jan Wed 19:45 H Blackburn Rovers LGCP W 6-4 40,406
23 Jan Sat 15:00 H Brighton and Hove Albion FACP W 3-2 39,725

Official Capacity: 42,783

The highest attendance recorded at Villa Park was 76,588. This was recorded on 2 March 1946 in an FA Cup 6th Round tie against Derby County. The highest attendance in the all-seater era was 42,788 which was recorded on 29 December 2009 in a Premiership game against Liverpool.

In short, if a few thousands stay at home Villa fans turned up, they could have had a record all seater attendance.

BBC Summary:

BBC Sport - Football - Aston Villa 3-2 Brighton

Insider Villa Report:

Delph And Delfouneso Delight Villa Faithful - Aston Villa FC - VillaMAD

Delph was voted MOM for Villa:

View topic - FAC: Brighton h Ratings Reactions :: VillaTalk ::

Comparative Villa team against Liverpool:

BBC Sport - Football - Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool

Against Chelsea
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/feb/21/premierleague-astonvilla

Petrov and Milner are probably first choices. Ironic that the replacement Delph was voted MOM. He normally would not make their first team. Petrov was injured anyway. As was Barry and Reo-Coker.
It was probably unlucky for us theat Albrighton got injured (although he made their first goal) and Milner came on.

Villa record this season:
Sporting Life - Football Statistics | Football Transfers, Premier League News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

Villa Squad:

They started with at least three reserves: Delph, Delphouneso, Albrighton, + Davies (Sub)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
28 Dec Sat 17:30 H Tottenham HotspurPREM D 1-1 39,866
5 Jan Sat 15:00 H Hull City PREM W 3-0 39,748
29 Jan Tue 19:45 H Liverpool PREM L 0-1 42,788
20 Jan Wed 19:45 H Blackburn Rovers LGCP W 6-4 40,406
23 Jan Sat 15:00 H Brighton and Hove Albion FACP W 3-2 39,725

Official Capacity: 42,783

The highest attendance recorded at Villa Park was 76,588. This was recorded on 2 March 1946 in an FA Cup 6th Round tie against Derby County. The highest attendance in the all-seater era was 42,788 which was recorded on 29 December 2009 in a Premiership game against Liverpool.

In short, if a few thousands stay at home Villa fans turned up, they could have had a record all seater attendance.

BBC Summary:

BBC Sport - Football - Aston Villa 3-2 Brighton

Insider Villa Report:

Delph And Delfouneso Delight Villa Faithful - Aston Villa FC - VillaMAD

Delph was voted MOM for Villa:

View topic - FAC: Brighton h Ratings Reactions :: VillaTalk ::

Comparative Villa team against Liverpool:

BBC Sport - Football - Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool

Against Chelsea
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/feb/21/premierleague-astonvilla

Petrov and Milner are probably first choices. Ironic that the replacement Delph was voted MOM. He normally would not make their first team. Petrov was injured anyway. As was Barry and Reo-Coker.
It was probably unlucky for us theat Albrighton got injured (although he made their first goal) and Milner came on.

Villa record this season:
Sporting Life - Football Statistics | Football Transfers, Premier League News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

Villa Squad:

They started with at least three reserves: Delph, Delphouneso, Albrighton, + Davies (Sub)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Upset !

Couldn't be happier - good performance, scored 2 and out of cup to get down to the meaningful business of the league. A replay or a win would have been worse for us IMHO

I was upset !​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here