Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa Away

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
Pre-match. Is the away pub (Witton Arms) open again. It seems not via the internet. In which case is there a nearby away pub. In upper tier which is dry, boooo.
Arriving by coach and limited walking distance.
Wasn't last season, looked pretty permanently shut. We ended up drinking in the Tesco's car park due to fact there was no where else.
Coach makes it tricky, if on train just wait in Birmingham until kick off

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't last season, looked pretty permanently shut. We ended up drinking in the Tesco's car park due to fact there was no where else.
Looked it up online. We can buy it (lease) for £40,000. I'll start a whip round on the coach.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Starting to plan our trip to Villa, previously have driven but as has been said, getting away afterwards took a long time, stationary traffic for well over an hour has put me off plus I fancy a beer this time, so giving serious consideration to letting the train take the strain… not a strike day so that’s one tick.

Travelling up from Lewes it appears that Victoria, Euston and Birmingham New Street seems to be the way to go and then either Wilton or Aston… have I got that right?

Last question, is Trainline the best/cheapest way to book tickets, or am I better going to the station and see the ticket office? Looking via Trainline for one adult and two children, they are quoting c£185 for the three of us return tickets… Was expecting a bit cheaper than that and wondered if there are better booking options… any help appreciated. Cheers.
Use splitmyfare.co.uk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barton Arms is a good pub

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tickets arrived today. Much quicker than Arsenal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tickets arrived today. Much quicker than Arsenal.
Arrived last week.

They’ll be doing their ‘lap of appreciation’ stuff after the game so getting away might be a bit easier than usual if a decent number of the home fans stay behind……

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
according to lots of posts on twitter it looks like Tottenham fans were in there just a few days ago and Newcastle fans were in there 15th April too so might well be open

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa supporting relative said he's heard a few of their lot in with us, says they could have sold Villa Park 3 or 4 times over for their last few games. Said the atmosphere has been incredible and they are unstoppable at the moment.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Villa supporting relative said he's heard a few of their lot in with us, says they could have sold Villa Park 3 or 4 times over for their last few games. Said the atmosphere has been incredible and they are unstoppable at the moment.
They weren't unstoppable when they lost at Wolves and scraped an undeserved draw at Brentford recently. We are better than them.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Travelling up from Lewes it appears that Victoria, Euston and Birmingham New Street seems to be the way to go and then either Wilton or Aston… have I got that right?

Yep. Word of warning though, the train back to New Street takes forever and the queues are massive. I gave up with the trains and ended up getting an Uber back last time I went

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Never met Villa fan yet who isn’t ‘very, very confident’ about everything. It’s in their DNA.

I remember my grandfather, who was a Villa supporter, proudly saying the same in the 1970s when they were in the old third division with us!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here