Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assombalonga > Forest c£5.5m

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
No is the simple answer. Barber has already stated last year we are on course to meet FFP regulations before Leo was sold. We loaded other bills onto last years accounts and that's why they look bad.

The other bills loaded wouldn't have been close to 15 million pounds though, perhaps Bloom wants to simply not lose a relatively hefty sum each season. I'm well aware that you've been on the cusp of promotion over the last two seasons but given he is the sole investor (as far as I know), fairly significant losses year on year must take it's toll.

I have genuine respect for Brighton if they're doing their absolute best to comply with FFP but unless there is a significant sale or two each season, there's absolutely no way you'll be turning a profit unless you make it to the PL which essentially sums up the mess of English football!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I watched Assombalonga a few times last season and yeah I think he'll score a few for Forest, but he's far from proven, 5.5 million is an amazing price for Peterborough, but over the odds. People on here use to constantly complain about Murray's idleness, they would have a field day with Assombalonga as he's on the same level.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not really bothered about Assombalonga to Forest, if they want to spend £5.5m then that's up to them. I'm more annoyed that they're now rumoured to be shipping out both Cox and Mackie to Reading. Would've been happy to see either of them here.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't know about grammar but i'm still confused why Assombolonga is greater than Forest c£5.5m

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Parachute payments + Watford, Charlton and Leeds style loanees and free transfers from the owners other clubs + owners giving their clubs bent sponsorship deals and ground re-naming deals + the remaining few clubs honourably keeping to the FFP rules. It's all a crock of s**t and who are the mugs?

It is indeed a total crock of s**t.

FFP is a joke with all the loopholes.

I reckon it will all unravel in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here