Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assombalonga > Forest c£5.5m

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Forest have got a decent player there, the price shows what we are up against.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Away to them in September, home game not until February. I hope we can give them a run for their money!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have any gone on to do anything?

CMS - no
Maclean - no
Nicky ajose - just joined Leeds so will see
Gayle - nothing major
Tomlin - started ok at mboro nothing spectacular

George Boyd?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Forest chairman Al Hasawi recently raised concerns about meeting FFP and therefore sold two promising kids to Newcastle for about 8 million. A couple of days later he blows that money on two new signings despite losing 17 million last year.

Why is this only seen as an issue for other clubs to spend this money and not Brighton? BHAFC lost 14.7 million last season which is a very similar amount and you just received around 8 million for Ulloa yet the majority on here are baying for blood and want the money re-invested immediately.

Clearly Forest aren't that interested in FFP regulations but if you were to spend 8 million on 2 players, wouldn't that make Brighton exactly the same?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why is this only seen as an issue for other clubs to spend this money and not Brighton? BHAFC lost 14.7 million last season which is a very similar amount and you just received around 8 million for Ulloa yet the majority on here are baying for blood and want the money re-invested immediately.

Clearly Forest aren't that interested in FFP regulations but if you were to spend 8 million on 2 players, wouldn't that make Brighton exactly the same?
No is the simple answer. Barber has already stated last year we are on course to meet FFP regulations before Leo was sold. We loaded other bills onto last years accounts and that's why they look bad.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd rather watch paint dry than discuss all the ins and outs of the FFP shite. I want to watch football not here about accounts and P&L figures I do all that at work.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'd rather watch paint dry than discuss all the ins and outs of the FFP shite. I want to watch football not here about accounts and P&L figures I do all that at work.

I trust you are more proficient with numbers than with the English language.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Said last season we should have bought Assombalonga he will score shed loads for Forest.
My favourites to win the Championship this season with Derby close behind

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Parachute payments + Watford, Charlton and Leeds style loanees and free transfers from the owners other clubs + owners giving their clubs bent sponsorship deals and ground re-naming deals + the remaining few clubs honourably keeping to the FFP rules. It's all a crock of s**t and who are the mugs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here