Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assault in away end

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I alluded to it before about a week ago, there was an incident at the AEK game in south stand in the block next to the away fans. Young man with his dad and the former started making homophobic comments about a nearby transgender person. A middle age lady asked him to stop , the man then starts on her so her husband then steps in between. Whether this was seen as 'aggressive move' by assailant time will tell but he punched the husband to the floor. No one did anything, stewards either did not see it or ignored it. Young lady then decided to speak to stewards , told to sit down, but would not be deterred as she thought he would repeat his actions. Other steward got involved and then called the police to take him out. Not sure what the father did. Her action meant the problem was dealt with properly.
What is it with people that in the first instance thinks it's OK to abuse someone (transgender or otherwise) and then when confronted they resort to violence! I just don't get it.

And that sounds like a very poor response from the first steward to tell the young girl to sit down - bearing in mind the club ask us to report issues like this. At least another steward got involved.

Was this section of South Stand still only available to those with a member number?

Hopefully he'll get a long ban!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What is it with people that in the first instance thinks it's OK to abuse someone (transgender or otherwise) and then when confronted they resort to violence! I just don't get it.

And that sounds like a very poor response from the first steward to tell the young girl to sit down - bearing in mind the club ask us to report issues like this. At least another steward got involved.

Was this section of South Stand still only available to those with a member number?

Hopefully he'll get a long ban!
No this section was open to anyone....

I suspect the guy was a casual visitor.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The disturbing common theme here is father & son, after the FA cup semi two sons were embarrassed by the old man trying to kick off with some Mancs.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The disturbing common theme here is father & son, after the FA cup semi two sons were embarrassed by the old man trying to kick off with some Mancs.
I actually seem to find the embarrassment seems to be the son being embarrassed by the father. I find drunk 40-50 year old men to be the most out of control these days, someone squared up to me at a Nile Rogers gig in the summer of that age, for no reason other than he was so drunk he fell on my friend, considering he was a lot larger than her. A lot of this demographic are absolutely fine, but I find myself seeing it increasingly more than young people being violent and aggressive in drinking environments.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I actually seem to find the embarrassment seems to be the son being embarrassed by the father. I find drunk 40-50 year old men to be the most out of control these days, someone squared up to me at a Nile Rogers gig in the summer of that age, for no reason other than he was so drunk he fell on my friend, considering he was a lot larger than her. A lot of this demographic are absolutely fine, but I find myself seeing it increasingly more than young people being violent and aggressive in drinking environments.
As someone who takes my son, likes a drink and very nearly fits into that age bracket I hope I fit into the 'absolutely fine' bracket :kiss:

It's a good point though, I find if I get aggro at all these days it's from someone similar to me in age. I think that the older you get the less you give a f**k to be honest, and it works both ways. I'm less tolerant of anti-social behaviour and more likely to say something to someone's face now than I was 20 years ago. On the other hand I know when I'm at football that I'm setting an example for a young man who'll soon be off with a group more his own age. The last thing I'd want is to get him in grief or set a bad example. Consequently I'm probably MORE careful at football than if I see someone being a dick in another situation.

Which is a long way of saying that we're not all the same and I frankly find the head butter’s actions to be idiotic.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
As someone who takes my son, likes a drink and very nearly fits into that age bracket I hope I fit into the 'absolutely fine' bracket :kiss:

It's a good point though, I find if I get aggro at all these days it's from someone similar to me in age. I think that the older you get the less you give a f**k to be honest, and it works both ways. I'm less tolerant of anti-social behaviour and more likely to say something to someone's face now than I was 20 years ago. On the other hand I know when I'm at football that I'm setting an example for a young man who'll soon be off with a group more his own age. The last thing I'd want is to get him in grief or set a bad example. Consequently I'm probably MORE careful at football than if I see someone being a dick in another situation.

Which is a long way of saying that we're not all the same and I frankly find the head butter’s actions to be idiotic.
Yeah and thats not to say all are like that, most are absolutely fine, but I am finding the agro seems to be increasingly coming from an older man who can't handle their drink. I found the same when I worked in a customer facing environment, that older people were more likely to kick off. With my group of friends we've rarely had to reign anyone in or ban someone from coming with us, except for occasionally someone's dad.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah and thats not to say all are like that, most are absolutely fine, but I am finding the agro seems to be increasingly coming from an older man who can't handle their drink. I found the same when I worked in a customer facing environment, that older people were more likely to kick off. With my group of friends we've rarely had to reign anyone in or ban someone from coming with us, except for occasionally someone's dad.
suspect its more than just drink.....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

It's some sort of denial of middle age so are trying to pretend to themselves they are still young and virile and ready to fight. Whilst the reality is they're an overweight, unfit 50+ bloke that should definitely know better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No this section was open to anyone....

I suspect the guy was a casual visitor.
Wasn't there, but are you saying anybody (and his son) could just wander in there with touted tickets? Seems a bit unlikely. Pretty sure I saw - tho I can't find it now - a post saying somebody saw father and son, either in the wait for the buses or at an airport

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
One of the first seasons at the Amex against Millwall, father and son, both 6 fit plus (i'm no where near it) came up to my 12 year old daughter and asked her if her dad made her s**k his c**k? I went for them and they both ran like the tw*ts that they are.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Wasn't there, but are you saying anybody (and his son) could just wander in there with touted tickets? Seems a bit unlikely. Pretty sure I saw - tho I can't find it now - a post saying somebody saw father and son, either in the wait for the buses or at an airport
What i meant was that you did not have to be a STH or Member to be there so not sure if tickets went on general sale or whether they still had to be bought by STH , if the latter then that STH should be banned as he has 'signed' for the good behaviour of the individual. I almost understand how a punch could happen and spur of the moment but this started with a tirade of homophobic abuse.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I do believe there is a site/app where you can upload a picture of your target and it trawls social media/dating sites for a match.
Already tried it. The photos not good enough. (From the article) Was there a better one at some point or are all the images the same one? (Preferably more front on.) I’m sure the police are more than capable of doing it for themselves (you’d hope) …but I find the site I use actually SHOCKINGLY effective.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
One of the first seasons at the Amex against Millwall, father and son, both 6 fit plus (i'm no where near it) came up to my 12 year old daughter and asked her if her dad made her s**k his c**k? I went for them and they both ran like the tw*ts that they are.
Jesus Christ! What the f*** prompted that behaviour?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Already tried it. The photos not good enough. (From the article) Was there a better one at some point or are all the images the same one? (Preferably more front on.) I’m sure the police are more than capable of doing it for themselves (you’d hope) …but I find the site I use actually SHOCKINGLY effective.
Is it a free site?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There were a few tales like this. The Millwall “fans” I encountered near the Amex around that time were literally OBSESSED with Homosexuality, AIDS and the actions of paedophiles.
The funny thing here is I know one of Millwall’s ‘ top boys ‘ from back in the day and he’s gay. Said he had a torrid time keeping it hidden, eventually someone found out and he had to leave the area or end up in a box.

el punal

It's some sort of denial of middle age so are trying to pretend to themselves they are still young and virile and ready to fight. Whilst the reality is they're an overweight, unfit 50+ bloke that should definitely know better.
I’ve got to say I’ve avoided middle age so I’m still young and virile. The problem is my body does not agree. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here