Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assault in away end

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just noticed on our local hub the police are still trying to trace the person who attacked an Albion supporter and are appealing for information about someone they want to interview. It includes a full photo . Hopefully it can go on here now to help the police

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
British Police have no jurisdiction overseas although they go abroad as advisors and spotters for the local police for football. Unless the French Police go to the hassle of having him deported, (virtually no chance) I don't see any legal consequences for him despite the assailant being an apparent horrible nasty thug. Certain very serious offences committed overseas could potentially have local consequences. Assault isn't one of them.

Once he's identified and he's certain to be now, the club are of course free to do what they like regarding a ban, legal charges or not.
We can invoke ET jurisdiction for ABH - dunno if this would be the case here or not though.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
The thing is if he’s not caught or hands himself over he can never go to another game again as he know he will get his collar felt , so it’s either a club ban or he bans himself

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The thing is if he’s not caught or hands himself over he can never go to another game again as he know he will get his collar felt , so it’s either a club ban or he bans himself
Pop a beanie/cap on. Maybe sunglasses. Wouldn’t be hard. He needs an official ban (even then the above would probably work I’m afraid). What a coward.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
We can invoke ET jurisdiction for ABH - dunno if this would be the case here or not though.
My understanding of ET jurisdiction was it had to be something that was in Gary Glitter/Savile territory, very serious fraud or terrorism. Something such as assault would be expected to be dealt with under local law where the alleged offence took place.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My understanding of ET jurisdiction was it had to be something that was in Gary Glitter/Savile territory, very serious fraud or terrorism. Something such as assault would be expected to be dealt with under local law where the alleged offence took place.
Yeah usually - but the provision is still there for 'offences against the person' https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/jurisdiction which specifically includes those resulting in ABH (no idea if this did anyway). My guess is nowt much will come of it (apart from the club's probable lifetime ban - plus of course the FBO that might be considered - which can be for an offence committed abroad)

Last edited:

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Pop a beanie/cap on. Maybe sunglasses. Wouldn’t be hard. He needs an official ban (even then the above would probably work I’m afraid). What a coward.
I fully agree the bloke is a coward im not a violent bloke but if I saw him at at game I would give him a slap if it didn’t result in me getting banned , but I hope for his sake he stays well away and gets a few weeks behind the door

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I fully agree the bloke is a coward im not a violent bloke but if I saw him at at game I would give him a slap if it didn’t result in me getting banned , but I hope for his sake he stays well away and gets a few weeks behind the door
You may need to join a queue as doubt any fans have him on their Christmas card list.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am reminded of my mate being nutted at QPR away, over who was next in the beer queue, bloke was jabbing his finger towards my mates face whilst frothing at the mouth, my mate grabbed hold of his finger and dragged the guys hand down and away from his face, then he got nutted. His mates calmed headbutter down and I helped my mate stay calm. We all got beer and the QPR stewards did well, gave it just enough attention to make sure it was all done and wasn't going to flare up again.
I just remember him saying, "he pulled my finger though!" and me thinking, the correct response to a finger pull is a fart, not a headbutt.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Definitely the correct person, I watched the tail end of the incident from 2 rows and about 10 seats away, very unsavoury add to the fact the steward who eventually arrived just took him back to the concourse and let him queue up for more beer, neither took to kindly to my suggestion that he hd already had enough...

Hopefully he'll get identified and an appropriate punishment

Well thats good news.

"Sussex Police published a security camera picture today (Monday 16 October) and urged the man to come forward."

Which means the police have an individual they want to talk to, (pictured in article) and you'd assume/hope the incident in question, from Marseille CCTV.

Now its public and published (from police)........ "allegedly" same chap @Kuipers Supporters Club ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's strange that considering the number of people on NSC and Facebook that no one has said they recognise him.
Makes you wonder if he is a regular at home or away games.

What level did it get to for sales? Must have some loyalty points surely?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
as others have said if he is regular at Amex someone on here will know him. So my guess is he is not a season ticket holder.

Attachments

• 1697479564243.png
    1697479564243.png
    897.7 KB · Views: 164

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I suspect there may be a history of violence with an act so unnecessary. Feel sorry for his family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here