[Albion] Assault in away end

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I didn’t see the incident in question, but there were a fair few complete idiots at the game (and I mean BHA fans). One guy constantly abusing the home fans to our right, hours before kickoff. And the area to our right had the corporates and normal family types - NOT Ultras! Why do people do that sort of thing? Ok - no violence, but pathetic in the extreme.
I saw this on Ronald's video. Utterly bizarre. A few ape men, hanging off the dividing barriers, dribbling abuse at, some smart looking French fella in a suit who just looked at them like he would a fleck of bird shit on the shoulder of his smart jacket.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I don’t think you’re prejudicing anything if you watch an assault take place and you take a photo of the assailant to help the police catch them. All that’s doing is affirming your testimony.
Of course you can take pictures of the assault. It's publishing them eg on social media, in advance of a trial that is the issue. Police frequently ask that images aren’t published as it could be prejudicial and can create problems for the investigation.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Of course you can take pictures of the assault. It's publishing them eg on social media, in advance of a trial that is the issue. Police frequently ask that images aren’t published as it could be prejudicial and can create problems for the investigation.
Right, but this thread was not at that stage when the OP made it - it was started to make it easy to catch the aggressor.

And I believe the photo was removed by Bozza once the person had been identified and the photos had been passed on to the appropriate people.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Right, but this thread was not at that stage when the OP made it - it was started to make it easy to catch the aggressor.

And I believe the photo was removed by Bozza once the person had been identified and the photos had been passed on to the appropriate people.
No, the discussion had moved on. I was replying to #289. Anyway, it doesn’t really matter if they’ve now identified the bloke. If it’s going to court it’s right that the images aren’t posted. As has been said, we should wait and see how it develops now that the club has the details.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
For protecting my privacy? Yeah, righty ho.
What about all the thousands of cctv cams all over the UK taking your picture, are you saying that’s illegal, I’m afraid to report to you that in a public place anyone can take your picture and not be arrested, you on the other hand would be after you shoved that can up Dwayne’s anus 👍

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
No, the discussion had moved on. I was replying to #289. Anyway, it doesn’t really matter if they’ve now identified the bloke. If it’s going to court it’s right that the images aren’t posted. As has been said, we should wait and see how it develops now that the club has the details.
Have they identified him then??

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Unfortunately there are morons who can't hold their drink & turn violent. If you are the sort of human being who behaves like that, give a shit who they hit, fellow fan or not. Probably their normal behavior. Chances are, when drunk, he has behaved like this before, can't believe it's a one off.
I suspect its more of the to much marching powder

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I suspect its more of the to much marching powder

Cocaine doesn't really make people violent, it gives violent people an excuse to be violent. Most of my mates like a line now and then on a night out and I can hand on heart say that the only two who are likely to get mouthy; let alone punchy, after a bag are the two who are very likely to get mouthy when entirely sober too. The rest of them might get a bit emotional or chew your ear off, but that's about it.

If anything it's more likely to be the fact he didn't have any packet to sober* him up and didn't know his limits when he hasn't got a crutch to support his drinking. If he's used to sinking 10 pints and working through a bag at any away game then it would make total sense for the first game where you'd have to smuggle drugs through border control is the first time (that we know of) where he gets too drunk and lashes out.

*I know it doesn't technically sober you up, but it certainly helps you hold yourself together.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cocaine doesn't really make people violent, it gives violent people an excuse to be violent. Most of my mates like a line now and then on a night out and I can hand on heart say that the only two who are likely to get mouthy; let alone punchy, after a bag are the two who are very likely to get mouthy when entirely sober too. The rest of them might get a bit emotional or chew your ear off, but that's about it.

If anything it's more likely to be the fact he didn't have any packet to sober* him up and didn't know his limits when he hasn't got a crutch to support his drinking. If he's used to sinking 10 pints and working through a bag at any away game then it would make total sense for the first game where you'd have to smuggle drugs through border control is the first time (that we know of) where he gets too drunk and lashes out.

*I know it doesn't technically sober you up, but it certainly helps you hold yourself together.
Maybe the criminal in question is one of the ‘only two’ type? Or it has a different affect on?

Illegal drugs are for morons anyway. Destroy lives and societies well beyond the seemingly harmless bit of fun users usually cite to justify their addiction.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Maybe the criminal in question is one of the ‘only two’ type? Or it has a different affect on?

Illegal drugs are for morons anyway. Destroy lives and societies well beyond the seemingly harmless bit of fun users usually cite to justify their addiction.

Yeah, maybe. The point I'm trying to make is going "well, he probably had too much cocaine" is stupid because A) the point people are making isn't accurate in the first place but is just parroted ad nauseam and B) it takes away a lot of the personal responsibility from the dickhead who did it. The two people I know who are twats after a line I no longer go out with because them getting in a ruck with a similarly minded bellend on a night out and then bemoaning the fact the Charlie made them aggressive the next day gets tiring very quickly. Even if it was true, they know it has that effect and still decide to do it rather than take responsibility. Same with this guy, him being able to shrug it off as too much drink, or too many drugs means he doesn't have to take full responsibility for his being a waste of skin.

As for the second point... :shrug: People doing drugs, whether they're legal or illegal is never going to change. The sooner we have a grown up conversation about decriminalising drugs the better. The current system is like the weediest kid in Year 7 trying to fight the Year 12 Rugby team. It's only going to end one way.

Morning everyone ,

I don't usually post on here anymore, more of a reader, but I did think about posting this and I am thankful it has been posted.

I travelled with the two people assaulted, one of whom is a close friend and his family are also good friends through going to Brighton games together for years, home and away.

The person in that photo should never be allowed to attend a Brighton game again in his life. He was so drunk there was no reasoning with him.

He was politely asked to move from seats we had paid for and we're all sitting in together. His reaction to this was to assault a man on crutches in his late 60's and then head butt his son.

It all happened very quickly , so there was no change to intervene. We did ask security to remove him and it appeared they had done, although he later returned to the stands, pint in hand, with the nerve to try to approach us again.

An historic occasion for some some absolute die hard fans was ruined by a guy who can't handle his drink. It really was poor.
Obviously pass on all our best wishes to your friends.

The club get a lot of praise for getting the small details right about lots of stuff, I hope they reach out to your friends and do something for them because no one should have this kind of experience supporting the club.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
Yeah, maybe. The point I'm trying to make is going "well, he probably had too much cocaine" is stupid because A) the point people are making isn't accurate in the first place but is just parroted ad nauseam and B) it takes away a lot of the personal responsibility from the dickhead who did it. The two people I know who are twats after a line I no longer go out with because them getting in a ruck with a similarly minded bellend on a night out and then bemoaning the fact the Charlie made them aggressive the next day gets tiring very quickly. Even if it was true, they know it has that effect and still decide to do it rather than take responsibility. Same with this guy, him being able to shrug it off as too much drink, or too many drugs means he doesn't have to take full responsibility for his being a waste of skin.

As for the second point... :shrug: People doing drugs, whether they're legal or illegal is never going to change. The sooner we have a grown up conversation about decriminalising drugs the better. The current system is like the weediest kid in Year 7 trying to fight the Year 12 Rugby team. It's only going to end one way.

Strange analogy!

Not many state schools play Rugby. I reckon that year 7 state school lad might stand a good chance against Tarquin, Archibald and the rest of those big boys.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I came across an old tweet about a Brighton fan who headbutted a fellow Brighton fan at a home game about two years ago. I wonder if it's the same guy

Strange analogy!

Not many state schools play Rugby. I reckon that year 7 state school lad might stand a good chance against Tarquin, Archibald and the rest of those big boys.
You'd be surprised, my state school played a few games against public schools and they were always the worst batterings we got. The public schools have always given burseries to freakishly huge kids to improve their teams and market themselves to the upper middle classes better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, if this an actual risk at away games then we can’t go. If my wife or I go to get a drink at half time and a drunk takes the seat we would certainly say something. If I get hit and lose blood I likely die. I am going to feel uncomfortable until the perpetrator is caught, banned and prosecuted. I don’t want him or anyone like him anywhere near me.
I think part of the issue is that ticket sales went right down to a very low level of fan points; I guess a significant number of people in Marseille don’t travel to many away games and got a bit over-excited by it all. I imagine the Ajax stadium won’t be full of so many amateurs.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
You'd be surprised, my state school played a few games against public schools and they were always the worst batterings we got. The public schools have always given burseries to freakishly huge kids to improve their teams and market themselves to the upper middle classes better
Rugby is the primary sport for private schools. I’d expect them to dominate a state school.

It’s the same as football the other way around.

I like that they’ve they tapped into inner city kids. It’s definitely got better.

I still put my money on the year 7 lad though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was accidentally punched at Villa Park. When they scored their second, bloke in front of me went absolutely mental with rage, punching the back of his seat with full force - except one punch missed and hit me pretty hard on the knee. He knew what he'd done, but no apology, no 'sorry mate'. We all get frustrated at games, but this guy clearly had anger issues. I'm now wondering if it was the same bloke, as I'd know his Villa Park seat number.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was accidentally punched at Villa Park. When they scored their second, bloke in front of me went absolutely mental with rage, punching the back of his seat with full force - except one punch missed and hit me pretty hard on the knee. He knew what he'd done, but no apology, no 'sorry mate'. We all get frustrated at games, but this guy clearly had anger issues. I'm now wondering if it was the same bloke, as I'd know his Villa Park seat number.
That is well out of order. A timely reminder that many in society see apologising as weak and simply don’t have it in their warped vocabulary.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Was he four years old?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports