Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assault in away end

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m saddened by this. Sad for the victims and also sad for the aggressor’s son; imagine having to plead with your father to stop behaving like this.

Can UK citizens be convicted for crimes committed abroad?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly you’re a twat. If you or anybody else took a picture of me without permission, you would swiftly find your phone inserted up your anus.
You are virtually giving permission to the club to have your image posted publicly by buying a ticket to go to the football. I have appeared on MOTD, and in the Argus, without my express permission.
it’s in the terms of the ticket purchase. Ronald could film you, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've removed the photo from the opening thread.

I've done this because I know the full photo is with the people it needs to be and, having spoken to the club, I understand a process is underway. I've also told them that there are witnesses to the assault on here, and I can link people up if required.

I've also done it because NSC essentially belongs to me. I don't have access to expensive media lawyers to tell me what I can and can't publish safely on here. I take on a lot because of what people I don't know write and post on here. Numerous legal threats and even physical threats to my family.

I make no apology that, when I think it right to do so, I put my own interests above what some think of as "suppression of free speech". If you don't like it - please go and start your own site - it will only take you a few minutes - and you take on the risk for what people write on a site you own and are responsible for.

Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about a cowardly-sounding attack on people who just went to watch a football match, and I'll continue to assist in any way I can to ensure that the right result happens here.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m saddened by this. Sad for the victims and also sad for the aggressor’s son; imagine having to plead with your father to stop behaving like this.

A criminal prosecution would be tricky now, given everyone’s back here. But…

Club can ban who it likes and for what it likes. Doesn’t need a legal case. Could ban someone for say, eating bouillabaisse at away games, if wanted to. Strange as that would be.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I would have thought his photo with the caption " do you know this person..? " would be OK surely...?. Like all incidents of this nature a photo etc jogs peoples memory of the event and helps find the person in the photo.

It may require several independent witnesses to corroborate this horrible incident.

Edit; My post was written without seeing Bozza,s post two minutes earlier. I still think the same though.

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I've removed the photo from the opening thread.

I've done this because I know the full photo is with the people it needs to be and, having spoken to the club, I understand a process is underway. I've also told them that there are witnesses to the assault on here, and I can link people up if required.

I've also done it because NSC essentially belongs to me. I don't have access to expensive media lawyers to tell me what I can and can't publish safely on here. I take on a lot because of what people I don't know write and post on here. Numerous legal threats and even physical threats to my family.

I make no excuses for, when I think it right to do so, putting my own interests above what some think of as "suppression of free speech". If you don't like it - please go and start your own site - it will only take you a few minutes - and you take on the risk for what people write on a site you own and are responsible for.

Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about a cowardly-sounding attack on people who just went to watch a football match, and I'll continue to assist in any way I can to ensure that the right result happens here.
Thank you @Bozza for doing this.

You are doing the correct thing, as no one should experience this violence, and please keep us updated if you can but also considering other's right to privacy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
****'s not getting away with this. In the unlikely event that he can't be identified by the club and police, the clear as day photo just needs a Do You Know This Man spread in the Argus. That will then be picked up by the Daily Mail, who love that kind of name and shame and hang, draw and quarter thing. **** will then be outed in 24 hours

Reactions: cjd

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'm a little surprised problems like this haven't occurred before, at every away game you get the group of fans who drink until the game is about to kick off then come up into the stands and barge into the first rows they come across without a care of who is there already, quite often you also end up with these fans just standing in the way in the gangways causing issues with our fans and stewards, who often just let them stand there. More often than not 10 minutes till half time arrives and off they go back for more drinks but often then don't reappear for the second half.

Hope there are enough witnesses to properly punish this time, somebody surely has some footage on their phones with the amount of videos being taken, to pass onto the right people
Absolutely spot on, happens a lot away, as we saw recently at Old Trafford.
The stewards are in a difficult position. When you’re paid so little and then have to deal with so many drunk and aggressive people, not much of an incentive. So some of this has to come from us as fans. The “free for all and sit where you want” culture at away games, propagated by some, usually drunk, over many years, has got to end. We need to install that ethos into the wider fan base. People must sit in their own seats. Shouldn’t be too controversial.

Well done to the OP for alerting people to what happened in Marseille. I hope the man who suffered the attack is ok.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

100% yes they can and should be.

For some bizarre reason too many assume assaults and abuse at football is to be expected. This is a serious assault and the criminal should be charged and dealt with by the local courts

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Block A - row number 35 - I think you were a few seats to our right.

Didn't see it happen, but saw the aftermath and the son's reaction - he was distraught and pleading with his dad to back down and go away . Sad :nono:
That really is sad. But at least the young lad has enough about him to recognise that his dad, the man who’s supposed to be his role model, is being a bellend.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I disagree to be honest, those who need to know who is will in due course know, if they don't already.
I am thinking of the son, who was by all accounts extremely apologetic and distraught at his fathers actions, the father will be punished, there is no point more or less naming the father, the son will be embarrassed enough never mind being tarnished with the same brush, and possible repercussions from others.
There’s also a potential issue if police were to take action. Don’t they generally ask for photos and videos not to be shared on social media whilst an investigation is going on. Possible impact on a trial if someone is charged and pleads not guilty. Not 100% sure … but makes sense not to have it on here … for now anyway.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yep. Crazy.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Clearly you’re a twat. If you or anybody else took a picture of me without permission, you would swiftly find your phone inserted up your anus.
And you’d find yourself in court for a serious sexual assault. If convicted you’d be able to exchange pleasantries with some lovely people on the NONCEs wing. And be on the sex offenders register!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems to me that if the club know exactly which seats were involved, they could quite easily send emails out to those also seated in the vicinity asking if they saw what happened and if they could give an account for the record. Sounds like the moron needs to banned from the Amex so the more corroborative evidence the club have then the less chance of any challenge/appeal.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You sound nice.

Thing is, how would we know it's you?

Maybe you could post a photo of yourself here, so we know who to avoid at The Amex (and in general).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If the club can identify him, can they ban him for tomorrow's game, or do they have to wait for any legal action to play out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here