Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assault in away end

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You poor sod. They took over the company I worked for and ruined it.

CEO at the time was called “Dick Brown” which made be chuckle, unlike his ridiculous share offer.
Nobody likes a brown dick ! Indeed - Mr Brown was in charge when I worked for them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I put it on another thread but apparently the day before the match scholars pub got smashed up by Brighton fans fighting each other. The bar maid said they'd never had trouble.like it from other fans .....
Very odd behaviour, wonder why and what started it.

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
The vast majority of us will have loudly supported the team but I think it's pretty rare for people to turn round and urge others to do so. I mean, the number of people who do that are a small minority. That said, I am in the more genteel East Upper. Here, such conduct would be frowned upon, I can tell you.
I remember watching us play Man Utd when we beat them 4 nil. 2 blokes behind me didn't flinch even when we went 2 up? I asked if they were United supporters and fair play to them, they said they were (even had Utd shirts on under their jackets). When we went 3 up I was foaming at the mouth like a dog with rabies shouting at them "not celebrating lads???!!!". They f***ed off after Trossard scored the fourth in the 60th minute :ROFLMAO:

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Quite depressing reading this thread especially today’s posts, sounds like we have some complete c***s in our fan base…..not sure what happened to sticking together.
I didn’t go away to Rome, my sons went and had no issues but I was talking to another lad that’s said he saw Albion fans attacking fellow fans on the concourse after the match ???

There was a bit of that on the coach back from the game as well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Full disclosure I know the person he attacked, a genuinely nice, hardworking Albion fan.

If he did what he did in Marseille in a pub or a town centre in the UK he'd have potentially got a custodial sentence.

3 years seems extremely lenient, frankly I don't want him anywhere near a Brighton game ever again.
Oddly, you called for another Brighton fan to be ‘let off’ by the Police after he went up to and knocked out what appeared to be a baldy OAP outside the Amex (caught on camera in front of hundreds of people) on Feb 3rd.

Should he get a custodial sentence for this sort of violence too or does it depend on if you know the victim or not?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oddly, you called for another Brighton fan to be ‘let off’ by the Police after he went up to and knocked out what appeared to be a baldy OAP outside the Amex (caught on camera in front of hundreds of people) on Feb 3rd.

Should he get a custodial sentence for this sort of violence too or does it depend on if you know the victim or not?
The so called baldy OAP was my guess in his fifties, before getting put on his arse was throwing punches at Albion fans.
Not saying it was right but he started the trouble along with another short fat Palace fan.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The so called baldy OAP was my guess in his fifties, before getting put on his arse was throwing punches at Albion fans.
Not saying it was right but he started the trouble along with another short fat Palace fan.
I thought he looked a little older but that can’t disagree that he got what was coming, the opposite to what occurred in Marseilles.

The thing is, the violence was the same. It was certainly not self defence either as the Palace fan was backing off and in retreat trying to get himself away from the situation after his hit and run.

I don’t think the old plod are going to take ‘he started it’ as reasonable grounds to let the puncher off. You need a pretty good excuse to go around decking people at football matches and I hope both are treated with the severity they deserve.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Was that the same Brighton fan who was provoked by his Palace counterpart?

Totally different context, the Marseilles incident was a violent assault, the Palace ‘fracas’ was a cross between classic handbags and an episode of Its A Knockout.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember watching us play Man Utd when we beat them 4 nil. 2 blokes behind me didn't flinch even when we went 2 up? I asked if they were United supporters and fair play to them, they said they were (even had Utd shirts on under their jackets). When we went 3 up I was foaming at the mouth like a dog with rabies shouting at them "not celebrating lads???!!!". They f***ed off after Trossard scored the fourth in the 60th minute :ROFLMAO:

Nothing worse than a bad winner :bowdown:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Was that the same Brighton fan who was provoked by his Palace counterpart?

Totally different context, the Marseilles incident was a violent assault, the Palace ‘fracas’ was a cross between classic handbags and an episode of Its A Knockout.
Yes.

But if you march up to someone and knock them out, you are rightly heading for a ban, no matter what the context or provocation. Different context. Same outcome.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Just scanning through the thread, pleased to see this chap has had the book thrown at him for a few years. Sad to read of similar cases, esp on the continent.

I don’t go to many games any more. Are grown men still taking poor quality cocaine like uni students? Possibly be attributed to this erratic and aggressive behaviour as prev discussed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
still awaiting to see what happens with the assault that took place in South Stand in the AEK game

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes.

But if you march up to someone and knock them out, you are rightly heading for a ban, no matter what the context or provocation. Different context. Same outcome.
Very much so. Violent action is only acceptable to defend yourself or others. I'd extend that to say that it is also acceptable if there is a reasonable fear it is about to occur but hasn't yet.

There aren't really any other circumstances accepting those that people like to create in their own mind.

I find it bewildering that occurs at all of football matches these days. It's so 1980s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here