Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assault in away end

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst sharing the outrage at this incident, I'm not entirely comfortable with a full photo being shared on here at this stage.

I know @Kuipers Supporters Club well, and will be seeing him tomorrow at the Amex.

The club have it - let's leave things there, for now, to let them do what is needed. @murraymints4brighton - it may be worth you/them contacting the club, if you haven't already done so, to help them do the right thing as quickly as possible.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Post the whole picture and let the perpetrator and victim confirm and/or deny the facts ....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Nope.

Attacker goes into a seat.

Innocent guy says. Sorry mate, my sister is sitting there, she’s just getting me a drink.

He says he doesn’t care and asks the other guy if he wants to fight him.

Guy says no, and then he hit him.

Totally unprovoked assault.
Life ban and throw away the key to the locker with the pardon papers.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's utterly depressing that someone who was privileged enough to attend such a momentous occasion for BHA, along with his son, would allow himself to get so pissed that he spoiled the occasion for not only his victims, but for his son and himself.
I truly hope he gets the sanctions he deserves and never gets to see the Albion again - at least at the Amex.
Oh, and I hope he's also named and shamed by the club/press, once the investigation is completed.
What a wankstain.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I’ve no doubt the incident took place and that a life ban should only be part of the punishment, the club is going to find it difficult to take action unless they find the scum perpetrator, the victim(s) and witnesses.
Hopefully NSC can do its stuff in helping the club and fellow supporters.

I would imagine he has a criminal record. Would be surprising that he got to c.45 years old and started attacking people. Helping ID with the police.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I hope this wanker doesn't deter the victims from attending any games.
He deserves a lifetime ban and fully expect the club to do exactly that.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I think it’s imperative that this guy is banned before the Ajax away game. If he’s that incapable of controlling himself he’s a danger to the public and to his son, as well as to himself. If he’s gone to Marseille it’s likely he’ll have signed up for Ajax away too, and he shouldn’t be going.

I can understand people managing this forum being reluctant to post a picture but it’s essential that this doesn’t stop here. It’s a matter of public safety. Do the club know this bloke's name? If they say they can’t do anything because they don’t know who he is, then f*** it, publish the photo (or link to it on Twitter) and let the Albion community identify him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Disgusting behaviour. I am pleased that the club are aware and will no doubt deal with it appropriately and also that the victims appear to be ok and were at least able to stay for the game even though they would not have enjoyed it as much as they should.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst sharing the outrage at this incident, I'm not entirely comfortable with a full photo being shared on here at this stage.

I know @Kuipers Supporters Club well, and will be seeing him tomorrow at the Amex.

The club have it - let's leave things there, for now, to let them do what is needed. @murraymints4brighton - it may be worth you/them contacting the club, if you haven't already done so, to help them do the right thing as quickly as possible.
This. I'd like the scumbag's name and face plastered everywhere, including on here, but as per my post, only if and when he is sanctioned/convicted and sentenced.
Did you have any independent witnesses to confirm the background to what happened and then the assault? That’s the only way the club can rightly ban them.
Background irrelevant. An assault took place, and the person doing the assaulting has committed a criminal act. Any background, whatever it might be, is no defence. At best some mitigation could be taken into account, but still it's no defence.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Even from the cropped pic I'm sure someone on here will know who it is.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He might even be a member of NSC, but someone gutless enough to assault a man on crutches, wouldn't have big enough balls to post a statement.
Maybe but signing up for an account would require him to be intelligent enough to use a computer and type and spell and all that tricky stuff.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I'm shocked about what has happened.
When first reading the title 'assault in the away end' I had thought that the Marseille supporters were causing the violence, especially after what has been said about possible conflict between the two sets of fans, however I was most definitely wrong.
No fan should experience this, and it was caused by a "Brighton fan" too; the next steps must be done to punish the man accordingly - a lifetime ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here