Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assan Ouedraogo Linked

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
At 17 he's still growing. Could be 193 by next Tuesday.
Could be, some people have peaked at that age.
As long as he hasn't also peaked as a footballer I don't think it matters much.

It did occur to me earlier that some sports (and I'm thinking primarily goalkeepers here) must be skewed heavily towards people who have their growth spurt early, because if you're the type who shoots up aged 18 it's probably too late to make it as a professional.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could be, some people have peaked at that age.
As long as he hasn't also peaked as a footballer I don't think it matters much.

It did occur to me earlier that some sports (and I'm thinking primarily goalkeepers here) must be skewed heavily towards people who have their growth spurt early, because if you're the type who shoots up aged 18 it's probably too late to make it as a professional.
Interesting.

Peaking at 17 made me think of Michael Owen.

WRT keepers, oddly they tend to be shite till they are older.

Apologies if I've been a bit whimsical today. There are reasons, none of which are bad :thumbsup:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Pffft. Tell that to James Trafford.
And Pickford who looked an absolute weasel when he came to the Amex with Preston and couldn't be beaten.

It's more frustrating to see Trafford putting in a Football Manager-esque performance of brilliance though, considering he's been shipping goals left, right and centre all season.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I'm a bit dubious about that.
For a start, it sounds like nonsense, but we'll brush over that because it could be true.
However, his Wikipedia page gives his height as 192cm (6' 4").
Now, 192cm is 6' 3.5". Fair enough, round it up. But the source they give actually states his height as 191cm. So somebody's just arbitrarily added a cm.

As an aside I'm 6'2", and I know that because I was measured in a hospital the other day. The number of people I meet who are clearly much shorter than me but insist
"no you must be at least 6'4", I'm 6'1"
and I have to break it to them that they're not the strapping 6footer they imagine themselves to be is ridiculous.
But how many times have you lied to a lady about measurements ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was 6ft 3 and 3/4in
I passed myself off as 6ft 4 for years. Now I’m 6ft 3in and I feel at ease about my lying past.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm a bit dubious about that.
For a start, it sounds like nonsense, but we'll brush over that because it could be true.
However, his Wikipedia page gives his height as 192cm (6' 4").
Now, 192cm is 6' 3.5". Fair enough, round it up. But the source they give actually states his height as 191cm. So somebody's just arbitrarily added a cm.

As an aside I'm 6'2", and I know that because I was measured in a hospital the other day. The number of people I meet who are clearly much shorter than me but insist
"no you must be at least 6'4", I'm 6'1"

and I have to break it to them that they're not the strapping 6footer they imagine themselves to be is ridiculous.
They are just too busy looking up to notice the Cuban Heels you are wearing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Assan Oudraogo Linked? That must be the longest name in football. The club shop are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of selling shirts with his name on - 19 characters = £££££££ :clap:
It will be abbreviated to Ass!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wow yes please! Was VERY good in the U17s tournament recently. Imagine him and Barco as our business in the January window.

Ideal style of player to be alongside Baleba in the medium term for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here