Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assan Ouedraogo Linked

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Never heard of him but having read an article in Forbes (never knew they did football gossip!), get him in

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
6’4” at 17. Blimey.
I'm a bit dubious about that.
For a start, it sounds like nonsense, but we'll brush over that because it could be true.
However, his Wikipedia page gives his height as 192cm (6' 4").
Now, 192cm is 6' 3.5". Fair enough, round it up. But the source they give actually states his height as 191cm. So somebody's just arbitrarily added a cm.

As an aside I'm 6'2", and I know that because I was measured in a hospital the other day. The number of people I meet who are clearly much shorter than me but insist
"no you must be at least 6'4", I'm 6'1"
and I have to break it to them that they're not the strapping 6footer they imagine themselves to be is ridiculous.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For a start, it sounds like nonsense, but we'll brush over that because it could be true.
Now, 192cm is 6' 3.5". Fair enough, round it up. But the source they give actually states his height as 191cm. So somebody's just arbitrarily added a cm.

As an aside I'm 6'2", and I know that because I was measured in a hospital the other day. The number of people I meet who are clearly much shorter than me but insist
and I have to break it to them that they're not the strapping 6footer they imagine themselves to be is ridiculous.
This has the makings of a tremendous hill to die on.

el punal

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't care if he is 6' 4" or 9' 4", is he a talented footballer? that is by far the most imporetant question.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I was excited:

Plus, there have been some injury concerns. Ouédraogo struggled with hamstring issues ahead of the tournament and then suffered a syndesmotic ligament tear.

And now I'm slightly less so. Don't need another sicknote.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

At 17 he's still growing. Could be 193 by next Tuesday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Assan Oudraogo Linked? That must be the longest name in football. The club shop are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of selling shirts with his name on - 19 characters = £££££££ :clap:
No where near as tumescent as Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I was excited:

And now I'm slightly less so. Don't need another sicknote.

The kid is 17. Probably a little bit early to be writing him off as injury-prone.

At 17, his body will still be developing. There's plenty of sports men and women who've been injury prone as late-teens, early-twenties who gone on to have long and fruitful careers with very few injuries. That's why, for example, young fast bowlers in cricket have limits on how many overs they can bowl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here