Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aspirations for next season....

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Everything about Bloom's work here seems fairly similar to Benham's work at Brentford, It's really very frightening.

Hopefully we emulate your success!

I agree, I don't know a lot about either, but everything I have read about the both of them I thought the same.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I will be pissed off if our away game at Brentford is Boxing/New years day. An away venue I have missed in recent years.

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
I will be pissed off if our away game at Brentford is Boxing/New years day. An away venue I have missed in recent years.

I'm also looking forward to visiting your shiny new Amex.

Are the rumours true that the away end has the away team's colours as decor at each game?

It looks like a nice modern new ground but not like Doncaster or Middlesbrough, but one with an atmosphere too.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The ones with the most money will generally be found near the top, the ones with the least at the bottom.

How much money have Brentford got?

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
The ones with the most money will generally be found near the top, the ones with the least at the bottom.

How much money have Brentford got?

As much as FFP allows. We have our own Tony Bloom figure willing to put the money in, but because we don't pull 25,000 crowds, our income is quite low for a championship meaning we will make a large loss if we spend all the money available to us. Only £6m loss is permitted in the Championship in the 14/15 season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As much as FFP allows. We have our own Tony Bloom figure willing to put the money in, but because we don't pull 25,000 crowds, our income is quite low for a championship meaning we will make a large loss if we spend all the money available to us. Only £6m loss is permitted in the Championship in the 14/15 season.
That's two of us bothering with FFP then. Things are looking up!

In all seriousness, my analysis may have sounded glib but in general terms it holds true. There are always exceptions, but the richer clubs will tend to finish the highest. FFP has basically made the PL a closed shop. Teams like ours, that is teams without parachute payments, will find it increasingly difficult to compete as FFP is ramped up.

You still got a pub at every corner of Griffin Park?

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
That's two of us bothering with FFP then. Things are looking up!

In all seriousness, my analysis may have sounded glib but in general terms it holds true. There are always exceptions, but the richer clubs will tend to finish the highest. FFP has basically made the PL a closed shop. Teams like ours, that is teams without parachute payments, will find it increasingly difficult to compete as FFP is ramped up.

You still got a pub at every corner of Griffin Park?

We do. Enjoy GP and all it's glory before it gets turned into flats.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Avoiding relegation if we don't replace the players released/sold with adequate replacements. Hearing some worrying things that will make the lot signed last season that never made the grade look like world beaters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's the idea, although if QPR get their new stadium and play in the prem when it happens, I think our hoopy neighbours may (sadly) enjoy the plastic's custom for many years to come

Do you think the new stadium will involve a ground-share with Wasps or London Welsh ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
London Welsh were the team that you heard rumours about but nothing concrete, I assume it'll go to the highest bidders but a ground share looks on the cards IMO

It was widely reported last year that Wasps had considered the Brentford option, although I suspect ownership issues are an issue. But, for what it's worth, I think a long term deal between the two clubs would be of great value to both. The ground would be of the standard required to stage European Rugby, even a tier two final.

Being a Harlequins fan, I say that through gritted teeth....

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
It was widely reported last year that Wasps had considered the Brentford option, although I suspect ownership issues are an issue. But, for what it's worth, I think a long term deal between the two clubs would be of great value to both. The ground would be of the standard required to stage European Rugby, even a tier two final.

Being a Harlequins fan, I say that through gritted teeth....

The new ground will be very much state of the art with features only and handful of European clubs can boast, apparently. I definitely agree with a rugby share, although I hope it doesn't muller the pitch. We like to play good football.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Another season of consolidation, toughest league to be in.
Promotion would be too soon, need to build on a solid foundation.
Plus lots of other cliches.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The new ground will be very much state of the art with features only and handful of European clubs can boast, apparently. I definitely agree with a rugby share, although I hope it doesn't muller the pitch. We like to play good football.

I wouldn't worry over the pitch, both Swansea City and Reading are involved in this sort of arrangement. Modern pitches are adept at coping.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm also looking forward to visiting your shiny new Amex.

Are the rumours true that the away end has the away team's colours as decor at each game?

They change the colour of the lightbulbs that shine down on to the walls I believe, plus they usually serve an ale local to the away club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here