Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aspirations for next season....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It normally catches up on teams with small fan bases and budgets in this division unless you are being bank rolled like Bournemouth.

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
It normally catches up on teams with small fan bases and budgets in this division unless you are being bank rolled like Bournemouth.

Well we have the money, but FFP restrictions mean its not all available. We'll be fine once we move ground, but the next two years are vital and hopefully our good connections get us a few good loans and our young players develop well.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
At this stage of the season I'm looking for a repeat or better of the last two seasons. Yes, we need to replace the players that have left but we're an attractive proposition these days so I'm hopeful of getting some quality in suited to how Hyypia wants us to play. There are some negative miserablists who are convinced we'll only sign mediocre players and we'll sink into the bottom half. That may well happen but I doubt it and until it does I'm going to reserve every football fan's right to pre-season optimism.

I don't know much about Brentford's situation but having seen your results over the past two seasons you have proven yourself too good for league one. Based on that I think you'll be fine this season, although where exactly you'll finish other than outside the relegation zone I wouldn't like to guess.

You're guaranteed at least one win next season...you seem to tonk us every time we go to Griffin PArk. I've never seen us score there let alone win. We even struggled to score in the penalty shoot out in the late 90's early 2000's...

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
That's interesting, likewise we have a wealthy fan owner, which I like because they won't **** the club over for cash. I also like that our owner doesn't let his passion of the club get in the way, and whilst he has his visions for the club, he leaves the running of it to professionals and stays out of the limelight. Is your Mr Bloom the same? We also had Greg Dyke as chairman until recently who has been a fan since he was a boy.

The similarities between our clubs frighten me, hopefully we can be as successful at this level as you have been...

I hope you do well and go on to establish yourselves as a Championship team and maybe more. Your owner Matthew Benham is an interesting fella, for the simple reason that he is another Tony Bloom.

They used to work togeather, but I think they don't like each-other now. Matthew owns smartodds, while Tony owns Star Lizards which are rival companies.

They both seem to have exceptional brains for gambling and they both seem to be very successful at what they do, and long may it continue.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Play off final or one better by a top 2 finish. Or a better home record and a better atmosphere. More goals in the right end at the Amex.more positive posts on NSC. Not much :facepalm:

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
I hope you do well and go on to establish yourselves as a Championship team and maybe more. Your owner Matthew Benham is an interesting fella, for the simple reason that he is another Tony Bloom.

They used to work togeather, but I think they don't like each-other now. Matthew owns smartodds, while Tony owns Star Lizards which are rival companies.

They both seem to have exceptional brains for gambling and they both seem to be very successful at what they do, and long may it continue.

That's fascinating, how long has he been owner of the club?

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
At this stage of the season I'm looking for a repeat or better of the last two seasons. Yes, we need to replace the players that have left but we're an attractive proposition these days so I'm hopeful of getting some quality in suited to how Hyypia wants us to play. There are some negative miserablists who are convinced we'll only sign mediocre players and we'll sink into the bottom half. That may well happen but I doubt it and until it does I'm going to reserve every football fan's right to pre-season optimism.

I don't know much about Brentford's situation but having seen your results over the past two seasons you have proven yourself too good for league one. Based on that I think you'll be fine this season, although where exactly you'll finish other than outside the relegation zone I wouldn't like to guess.

You're guaranteed at least one win next season...you seem to tonk us every time we go to Griffin PArk. I've never seen us score there let alone win. We even struggled to score in the penalty shoot out in the late 90's early 2000's...

My abiding memory of Brighton's visits to GP is the last one, where despite the footballing Gods efforts (penalty save, hit the woodwork etc.) - you did manage to beat us, good atmosphere that night, under the lights.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
IF Brentford can hold on to their best players and can enhance their squad with one or two judicious acquisitions/loanees so they have strength in depth (and no serious injuries to key players) I can see them doing ok in the Championship, a la Bournemouth. The Championship is an incredibly physical, quick and competitive league though and most of the clubs have biggish to bonkers budgets either due to parachute payments or Chairmen/owners who don't give a f**k about FFP. The pressures on clubs and players week in week out are immense so they will need to be geared up to handle this from day one. As for us, I think it's too early to say how we'll do. Sammy Hyypia needs to appoint a high quality assistant manager and we need to bring in half a dozen quality new players before we can begin to consider how well we'll do but right now I'm seeing the glass as being half full because I think we will be competitive again this year, whether we're competitive enough to go all the way remains to be seen.

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
IF Brentford can hold on to their best players and can enhance their squad with one or two judicious acquisitions/loanees so they have strength in depth (and no serious injuries to key players) I can see them doing ok in the Championship, a la Bournemouth. The Championship is an incredibly physical, quick and competitive league though and most of the clubs have biggish to bonkers budgets either due to parachute payments or Chairmen/owners who don't give a f**k about FFP. The pressures on clubs and players week in week out are immense so they will need to be geared up to handle this from day one. As for us, I think it's too early to say how we'll do. Sammy Hyypia needs to appoint a high quality assistant manager and we need to bring in half a dozen quality new players before we can begin to consider how well we'll do but right now I'm seeing the glass as being half full because I think we will be competitive again this year, whether we're competitive enough to go all the way remains to be seen.

You can sign as many players as you want as long as one of them is Will Grigg and you don't nab Adam Forshaw off us.

I personally would imagine Hyppia will need a year just to prepare you lot for a proper go but we'll see. Depending on who you get in you could have a real go this year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1) Where do you see Brighton finishing realistically?

Too early to say. Depends on the 7-10 new players we bring in

2) The highest you can see Brighton finishing?

Champions ( with 7-10 good signings )

3) The lowest?

10th ( even with 7-10 signings all worse than the current remaining players ).

4) How do you think Brentford will fare?

At best similar to Bournemouth last year, around 10th. As a minimum you should have enough to finish above very poor Blackpool and Millwall squads. Possibly between around 17th and 20th.

5) A short summary of your opinion on the club's upturn in fortunes over the last few years?

The dark days from the early 90s onwards lasted far too long. The last 4 years have been fantastic.

6) Would you like to take Will Grigg off of us (please)?

Unlikely !

Good luck with the Lionel Road build - I hope London Irish will return "home" to play there one day, there have been various rumours

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
Good luck with the Lionel Road build - I hope London Irish will return "home" to play there one day, there have been various rumours

Well the club have spoken about this, nothing concrete has been spoken of, but they have also said they'd be entirely open with sharing with a rugby club, I assume London Irish would be interested. Would certainly generate revenue.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bloom and Benham were rumoured to have had sizeable bet between themselves on the outcome of our last visit to Griffin Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here