Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask The Club - for the MODS

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Perhaps you could issue guidelines?... i.e. we can only ask questions about unimportant issues like shirts and catering?...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Thats what an FAQ at the top would do, for starters it needs something to say "Please search the forum BEFORE asking your question as it may of been answered before", then a list of common questions with answers.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
fatboy said:
Prescott legend T Shirt was a valid point.

Something like that could possibly hurt us in a judicial review. Best steer clear of any official Prescott club gear

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
BTW... I agree the forum is a great step forward for the club's communication to the benefit of the fans... however, it also allows the club to research what is of interest to the fans, and add stories to the official site that reflect the fans concerns... so, it is a 2-way thing... the club are benefitting too...

If any slightly contentious posts are just deleted you will lower the forums value greatly... as someone else said, don't just delete... my post could have been answered with "the Manager doesn't discuss potential signings"... even if this is slightly inaccurate, IMHO... even if a post is a dupe, perhaps someone other than Insider should just mark it as a dupe...

I have other postings that have never been properly answered, as do others, and I don't expect they ever will be... just because the answer may be uncomfortable for the club to deliver, doesn't mean they shouldn't be put on the spot... otherwise, we are back to the bad old days...

I really think you guys need to be very careful here, or you will be seen as the club's lackeys... protecting them from every question they may not like to answer... not good, IMHO...

A moderator speaks ...

The postings by b.w.2 were removed by an NSC moderator (not me - the first I knew about this was when I saw this thread). To the best of my knowledge they weren't removed at the instigation of the Insider.

My guess is that the reason they went was that they were not questions that the Insider is in a position to answer. He has made it quite clear that Mark McGhee's thoughts about individual players are for him to have and for us to know about when MM chooses to share them.

That seems fair enough to me. MM is the manager. Transfer deals are for him to handle. Sometimes they are best dealt with quietly. Sometimes a bit of noise might help. But that's for MM to decide, since he alone knows what's going on behind the scenes.

The FAQ idea is a good one, though. I'll try to find time to have a conversation with the Insider at the Fans' Forum tonight to see how we might sort this out. The objective, however, will be to find a way of ensuring that the Ask The Club forum works in the most effective way possible. No-one is suggesting that we need any "Thou shalt NOT ..." rules.

And no-one is suggesting that NSC will have any truck with suppressing debate about issues. Debates, however, belong on the main board, not in the Ask The Club forum.

b.w.2. said:
I have other postings that have never been properly answered, as do others, and I don't expect they ever will be... just because the answer may be uncomfortable for the club to deliver, doesn't mean they shouldn't be put on the spot... otherwise, we are back to the bad old days...

I really think you guys need to be very careful here, or you will be seen as the club's lackeys... protecting them from every question they may not like to answer... not good, IMHO...
Just to add to my earlier post ...

I entirely agree.

If anyone thinks that an answer by the Insider is not what they wanted to hear, feel free to say so on the main NSC board.

NSC isn't here to protect the Club from dissenting voices. 'Ask The Club' isn't intended to provide the last word on a contentious matter. It simply helps to clarify what the Club's own view on a particular issue might be. That is infinitely better than the "I've got a mate who spoke with Paul Rogers' next door neighbour in the pub last Thursday ..." approach.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Thank you, LB... I am genuinely worried about this latest development for the Ask The Club forum (deleting of posts)...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

The FAQ idea is a good one, though. I'll try to find time to have a conversation with the Insider at the Fans' Forum tonight to see how we might sort this out. The objective, however, will be to find a way of ensuring that the Ask The Club forum works in the most effective way possible. No-one is suggesting that we need any "Thou shalt NOT ..." rules.

The FAQ would be simple and just highlight to people the most often asked questions, it would'nt be like a Commandment or something, just a thread maybe detailing some stuff. It'll be there to help out first and foremost.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
CrabtreeBHA said:
The FAQ would be simple and just highlight to people the most often asked questions, it would'nt be like a Commandment or something, just a thread maybe detailing some stuff. It'll be there to help out first and foremost.

its not a 'latest' development. thats the way its always been.

(thats not a dig by the way, totally agree with it.)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
My 2 posts on Ask The Club re "Sharing the Burden" haven't been properly answered (despite Insider suggesting that he would respond properly at some point)...

Also, I wasn't really very impressed with Insiders response on the possibility of a share issue (I did not raise the initial suggestion here)... the fact is that Norwich, a club of a similar size to us, then at the same level of footie as us, made this work... saying it is too costly is not really a good answer... if Norwich managed this, then why not us?... we will never achieve the target of £2M on donations alone, IMHO... that said, sharing the burden may inspire a few more donations!...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
CrabtreeBHA said:
Thats what an FAQ at the top would do, for starters it needs something to say "Please search the forum BEFORE asking your question as it may of been answered before", then a list of common questions with answers.

The problem is we can't search the forum, can we.

There's so much on there that I forget what I was going to ask by the time I'e trawled through to check it hasn't been asked already! :jester:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I now point you to NSC very own Mr Newspaper Print On Shirt: Richie Morris!

Where he asked if he's been ripped off by the club because someone bought a blue shirt cheaper than he did!

Well maybe they have a voucher, maybe they're winding you up?! It beggars belief it really does :rolleyes: :shootself

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
maffew said:
my idea for a John Prescot Legend tshirt got deleted last week, reckon we'd shift a fair few of them

But IF the answer is no, which it probably won't be, but if it is no then a John Prescott LEGEND ahirt will be pretty useless don't you think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here