Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask The Club - for the MODS

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
One for the moderators...

Why are my new threads being removed from the Ask The Club forum?... thank you...

B.W.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wouldn't that be a nightmare for segregation, saafend ?? I don't see how it could possibly work.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Also, why wouold people be willing to give up their season tickets? Impossible to organise I would imagine.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I asked (twice!!) something similar to the following... both threads disappeared...

Mark McCammon

Is there any truth in the rumour that we are trying to sign him?... if so, how far have negotiations progressed?...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Equally (if not more) important, I would like the ability to post new threads on there without them being wiped out!!... please help with this... thank you...

Anyone else got this problem?...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
b.w.2. said:
I asked (twice!!) something similar to the following... both threads disappeared...

Mark McCammon

Is there any truth in the rumour that we are trying to sign him?... if so, how far have negotiations progressed?...

I think that's because The Insider has always said that the playing side of the club is down to Mark McGhee and other maangers don't discuss their transfer dealings with the fans or owt so why should he?

Fair point innit.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think that's because The Insider has always said that the playing side of the club is down to Mark McGhee and other maangers don't discuss their transfer dealings with the fans or owt so why should he?

Fair point innit.

its a fair point, though wouldnt it be better to say that on the thread rather than just delete it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Possibly but The Insider is doing this off his own back and repeating himself countless times is probably quite annoying.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Prescott legend T Shirt was a valid point.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If you know you are not going to get an answer, why ask the question and waste the time of a club employee who has got better things to do ??

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
there have been some f***ing stupid questions on there recently, needs to have an FAQ up the top for all the frequently asked questions....with answers obviously!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Titanic said:
If you know you are not going to get an answer, why ask the question and waste the time of a club employee who has got better things to do ??

just seems odd, reasonable enough question, while there was one answered about newspaper print on someones shirt. fair enough he referred them back to the club shop. that sort of question is a waste of time, not questions about potential signings

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So... what you are saying is that we now can only ask questions that YOU deem acceptable... BTW, Millwall's manager, Dennis Wise, was more than happy to comment on this possible deal!!... personally, I think you are over-stepping the mark... we'll be left with a forum that is of no interest to anyone...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
common sense prevails when asking questions though, if you ask about a new signing what do you expect? McGhee to reply personally and say "Yes its true we are bidding for someone!" only to have another team say "oh shit BHA are after him lets put in a bigger offer!"

Player transfers are kept tightly with the Manager, Wise only commented on us because he wants shot of the player and getting his name in the rags might cause a couple of teams to make a move for him. If McGhee wants to keep quiet about signings then thats his choice.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
But, MM has openly commented about potential signings in the past... for example, he is openly pursuing a perm deal for Nicolas, and there is a far greater chance that another club will steam in to sign him (Alexis) from under our noses...

You'll be left with mundane threads, IMHO...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
b.w.2. said:
But, MM has openly commented about potential signings in the past... for example, he is openly pursuing a perm deal for Nicolas, and there is a far greater chance that another club will steam in to sign him (Alexis) from under our noses...

You'll be left with mundane threads, IMHO...

the guys on loan and its no great surprise that we are trying to sign him...anyone can see that, so making a public statement about it satisfies the fans into thinking we are at least doing something.

The "signing a new player" is a different matter and as has been said on the Ask the Club forum before it is McGhees buisness and only his....he does'nt have to share his every thought with every person. There are other questions to ask other than new players ya know and its been far from mundane since it opened, lots of decent information has come out of it and Insider has done a great job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here