Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aside from a house or car what is your most expensive purchase?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A Sony miniDV video camera while studying film, which broke terminally just outside the warranty period and after having only been used for about ten hours filming. Won't touch any Sony sh*t with a bargepole now :nono:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
£1,200. It shaped my life. The best time of my life traveling in South America, but (probably) led to the loss of my hearing that sent me in to a spiral of depression and marched me towards being knee deep in the Thames. I've bounced back and the whole experience has made me a more rounded person, I hope.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Probably a holiday, which cost me about £550.

Peanuts compared to most on here, but having just graduated (and ignoring my car), i've never had anything more than that to spend on anything.

In 3/4 months time though, it'll be a flight to Australia for a few months.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
My Brian James car trailer, cost me £1.5k, but the best investment as it brings in reguraly money through one of my businesses

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This is a question in a weekly Guardian interview which always interests me. Do NSC have any stand out crazy purchases? Any Damian Hirsts out there? Anyone bought a bottle of wine for 20k? I don't, but I am nosey.

Got an original Damian Hirst as a gift from my sister who is a Groucho Club mate of Damian
My house would have been half price if the plot was in a 50 yards worse position

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
About 10 years ago, my kids were just getting towards teenage years and the Mrs decided we needed a bigger fridge to replace the one built into the kitchen.

She found a free standing large stainless steel fridge which, although pricey, would do the job so I agreed to buy it. Of course, it didn't fit into the kitchen layout, so we had to have a new kitchen installed and if that was being done, she decided it would be good to extend the kitchen into a dining area by knocking out a wall into the back lounge. The back lounge was bigger than required, so the wall between the front and back lounges was moved to use the extra space and make the front lounge larger. This also meant that the flooring in both the new extended kitchen and new extended lounge would both have to be replaced. This whole job was going to take approximately 2 weeks, so to keep out of the way of the builders she booked a ski holiday for the whole family.

That f******g fridge cost me somewhere north of 30K and then went wrong last year and had to be replaced :angry::angry::angry::censored:

That's a brilliant story Watters.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If it's yours how much did you pay and how much did you have added?
If it's someone else's, how much did you pay and what does he do with it?
Or did you mean to start "I am...."

Sorry, I thought we were boasting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here