Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I would love tom still have Barnes in our side. The reason I signed up here was to defend him as he was taking a right stating from NSC.

The reason Barnes was taking stick, was because a lot on here no ethel about football and even less about the worth of individual players. They'll be a bloody nightmare when they reach pubity:)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NAME DROP

I spoke to Sean Dyche recently, and he couldn't believe it when I told him some of our fans BOOED our own player walking up to take a penalty (which he then converted). Only had the highest praise for Ash's work ethic and willingness to learn and improve.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Felt unwanted, I'd love to know if him leaving was one of the reasons Oscar walked or was it Oscar that didn't think he was worth a decent new contract.

Much rather have Barnes than Baldock personally. We would have saved a fortune too. False economy selling him.

First time I have seen that he didn't want to leave too.

I remember Oscar being disappointed after that January transfer window and saying that clubs normally get stronger during the window and that we got weaker. He looked like a man who lost faith with the club so I am sure Barnes leaving was one of a good few reasons to why he was set on resigning.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That is why he played in premier league, moron
Doesn't make him prem quality....Pretty useless most of the time.
I find it laughable that he says some nice things about us and most cream themselves about how amazing he was lol...How many great games can you remember from him apart from missing sitters or popping in a penalty.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
NAME DROP

I spoke to Sean Dyche recently, and he couldn't believe it when I told him some of our fans BOOED our own player walking up to take a penalty (which he then converted). Only had the highest praise for Ash's work ethic and willingness to learn and improve.
They did because he was shite....Its that simple

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Correction his house is in Burgess Hill not Brighton. Sir Albion, go do your pathetic fishing elsewhere.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
So you saying everyone thought he was great?
Christ what planet are most of you on...He was absolute pants most of the time.

Yep, I did, anyway.
Same planet as Danny Murphy, I guess, who took time to cream himself on MotD, describing Barnes absolutely owning Citeh's multi-squillion pound centre backs

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So you saying everyone thought he was great?
Christ what planet are most of you on...He was absolute pants most of the time.

Agree totally. Twenty goals in his first full season were all tap ins.

Leading scorer in our first Championship season was due to flukes.

Scoring against Manchester City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal? Anyone can do it, all the hard work was done by other players, he just had to do the easy bit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievable that some are STILL refusing the humble pie. It's gone cold now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How any booed do you think ? Three ? I never heard it.

I was in WSU Block H where there were plenty of Barnes detractors, and it was at least 30-40, as a very conservative estimate. Remember he cupped his ears after scoring? So he could clearly hear it all the way down on the pitch. So no chance of it being 3/4 out of 28,000 if he can hear it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree totally. Twenty goals in his first full season were all tap ins.

Leading scorer in our first Championship season was due to flukes.

Scoring against Manchester City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal? Anyone can do it, all the hard work was done by other players, he just had to do the easy bit.

Just tap ins?, if only it was that easy!

A goal is a goal however the ball crosses the line. I would do anything to have a player who would score enough goals from tap ins if it would get us promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here