Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not at all, i'm still firmly in the Barnes is shite camp. But that's not to say we have replaced him with any better. And if he scores a goal that see's us somehow manage to crawl our way into the top six, despite playing some pretty awful stuff this season, I will raise a glass to him.

That last part isn't permitted by the Stasi. If you didn't rate him particularly, then you must hate him, not raise a hypothetical glass to him, and most certainly hope that he isn't included in Burnley's named PL squad this Summer.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd just like to wish Ash well in the premier league. He deserves a go in there. Great servant to our club and I wish him all the best for the future.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The thing I noticed on the Football league Show was Dysche said they'd only spend £450k this season. Which puts him at odds to what we thought the fee was

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Although its just the highlights on FL show , every time Burnely are on Barnes seems to be involved in all of their attacks. It was a mistake to sell him , we should have offered him a proper contract and kept him at the club. Instead we have Rodney, and Lingard, neither are as good as him and neither are going to be here next season either.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
His overall championship record:

Played 138
Scored 28

Underwhelming to say the least.

How many were starts and how many were as a striker?

Ulloa's goal record this season must be excellent but i think most would say he's been pretty poor. I would pick Barnes over any attacker we've had this season apart from Ulloa

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Delighted for Ash. Deserves it just like Murray. Well done lads.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Congratulations to Barnes. Hope he gets a game in premier league

In all probability he wont make the 25 man squad and go out on a season long loan spell to a Championship club.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
How many were starts and how many were as a striker?

Ulloa's goal record this season must be excellent but i think most would say he's been pretty poor. I would pick Barnes over any attacker we've had this season apart from Ulloa

Not sure. His 22 champ appearances for Plymouth were probably all sub. He scored twice for them...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Right **** up selling him , simple as

Barnes got what he wanted-a pay rise. The club got decent money for a player who would be out of contract in a few months.

I'm not one of the Barnes haters and although his scoring/playing record will always consist of many 'unlucky Ashlies' we could have done with his physicality yesterday against Blackpool. Strange how CMS gets the plaudits for always giving 100% but Barnes doesn't/didn't. He could have made the difference for us.

Not sure if he is good enough for the PL but he looks likely to have a go at proving the doubters wrong.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A fighter, never sulked and with bottle. Every team needs a couple of that type of player.

I can't take this any more.

I was a fan of Ashley's whilst he was here, whilst also recognising that as a squad player he wasn't that important to our future. I had him above CMS in my personal pecking order.

But this is nonsense. He sometimes fought, sometimes looked listless. He sulked plenty. He did have "bottle" but he was also as guilty as anyone else of going down too easily.

Why's everthing so black and white on here? Are we all aware that there is a fair amount of middle ground between good and bad? Barnes, like our team currently exisited in this middle ground.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
-not playing upfront
-playing in shite team
-playing for lowest scorers in top 16

He HAS been played up front. Especially for Plymouth and Burnley (all games in fact), these also happen to be his LEAST prolific seasons. This season he has played as our lone striker for most of our games (when he was here), he has been poor. As proven by Ulloa who has scored 1 in 2, despite playing the same position. You can’t argue with the facts...

This season, he got 5 in 22 for Brighton. He averaged five chances a game, so that's a poor return!

For Burnley and Plymough, 39 games with a return of just 4 goals. Over half of these games have been from the bench, but I still think this is a poor return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here