Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am going to chuck this one
Gus once one day Barnes would be worth 1m ,well it looks like its more than that now
great squad player and if he can keep his temper would become a very good player under Oscar

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Nail, head.....Wouldn't lose any sleep over losing Barnes, but it would mean we need two strikers. It looks like we aren't getting anyone, which I must admit leaves me feeling a little bit miffed seeing as 24,000 of us are having our bank accounts dipped into every mouth and we can't even get a striker on the bench atm.

Totally agree - no loss, i would bring in a loan fwd and sell him for £1.5m

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Totally agree - no loss, i would bring in a loan fwd and sell him for £1.5m

Loan forwards have been a great success haven't they? Who was the last good one that we got in on loan? Paynter? Nope. Funnily enough it was Barnes from Plymouth.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am going to chuck this one
Gus once one day Barnes would be worth 1m ,well it looks like its more than that now
great squad player and if he can keep his temper would become a very good player under Oscar

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/8767291.Barnes_can_be_worth___1million/

" He now has nine goals, two behind Murray, and Poyet said: “We are not even halfway throught the season so he could get to 20.

“Forget about Glenn, because everybodys knows about him. If Ash gets close to 20 this season his value can go up to £1 million. "​

That was the season in league one he scored 20 goals. He now has two seasons in the championship, including one as our top scorer, and got 9 in 29(10) appearances often in defensive left midfield position. Oscar and Gus both expressed how important he is to the quad. I would hope that million value has shot up a bit more since then. The only draw back is his contract running down.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How do you know what the offers are,.... could be 250k.

Andy Naylor tweet 4.54
a second and third offer for Barnes has been rejected by the Albion

what was the first offer?????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor tweet 4.54
a second and third offer for Barnes has been rejected by the Albion

what was the first offer?????

The initial offer was £500k and Burnley were politely told they were nowhere close to our valuation and Oscar sees Barnes as a key player

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The fact that Burnley keep making offers, indicates that they think he would join if we accept their offer.

Yep, probably. I suspect that Austin cash will be used to pay a decent striker quite a lot of money. Barnes is probably a realistic target, but I'm guessing we won't sell him for anything like what they are looking to pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here