Ashley Barnes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m
Barnes situation re: reported further bid by Burnley is the same as for Bridcutt and Ulloa. Nothing doing as far as #bhafc concerned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3m
My information on Barnes and Burnley is second and third bids made and rejected today. #bhafc

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
...his let down is control of his temperment.....

If only it was that simple :(

I've supported Brighton home and away for 30 plus years and NEVER has a player so wound me up, consistently, as Barnes

Know its not the done thing to criticise him on NSC after last years 'love-in' when he was getting dogs abuse every match, but I just don't, and have never, rated the guy (cue 'just as well your not the manager then' comments)

Know we won't sell him as we have a lack of fit strikers at the moment, but I for one (and they are MANY MANY others, especially those who don't go on this website) that would gladly drive him to his next destination and not mourn if we never see him playing for BHA again. Good defensive headers and total commitment does not make a good player in my opinion. Dreadful first touch, too many mis-placed passes and needs a hatful of chances before he actually scores one

Another 2 pages of support for the guy know doubt, but just my opinion

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's a weird feeling...seeing teams bid for our players and us turning them down. Only a few years ago, we'd receive a 1m+ bid for a player and HAVE to give it serious consideration. It's quite a nice feeling knowing we don't and won't do it unless it is on our own terms.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I've supported Brighton home and away for 30 plus years and NEVER has a player so wound me up, consistently, as Barnes

Know its not the done thing to criticise him on NSC after last years 'love-in' when he was getting dogs abuse every match, but I just don't, and have never, rated the guy (cue 'just as well your not the manager then' comments)

Know we won't sell him as we have a lack of fit strikers at the moment, but I for one (and they are MANY MANY others, especially those who don't go on this website) that would gladly drive him to his next destination and not mourn if we never see him playing for BHA again. Good defensive headers and total commitment does not make a good player in my opinion. Dreadful first touch, too many mis-placed passes and needs a hatful of chances before he actually scores one

Interesting cycloptic view.

You note the time he has a dreadful first touch, then choose to miss the more times he would have an excellent first touch.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
BBC Sport's Andy Cryer reports that Burnley are being frustrated in their attempts to sign Brighton striker Ashley Barnes, 23. The Clarets have had two offers rejected today after making a first bid last month.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Nail, head.....Wouldn't lose any sleep over losing Barnes, but it would mean we need two strikers. It looks like we aren't getting anyone, which I must admit leaves me feeling a little bit miffed seeing as 24,000 of us are having our bank accounts dipped into every mouth and we can't even get a striker on the bench atm.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
I'm going to say it. Barnes is an average Championship striker. He's old enough to be nearing his peak. Some on here would have you believe he is the new messiah. In fact, he is the second or third best striker at the club. On top of that, his petulance last season was shocking, although, hopefully, he is over that; he should be at his age!

unlike lu lu joking about moving to palace childish petulance ....cant stay on his feet etc etc

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
BBC Sport's Andy Cryer reports that Burnley are being frustrated in their attempts to sign Brighton striker Ashley Barnes, 23. The Clarets have had two offers rejected today after making a first bid last month.

1706:
CHAMPIONSHIP LATEST

Burnley lost key striker Charlie Austin to QPR earlier in the summer of course

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Ah, I see. Another fan with a pre-formed opinion who can't change it despite the facts. Oh well, just another duckhead.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Not sure why were bothering to turn bids down as it just encourages another slightly less pathetic bid, just ignore or if one is £20m Accept

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports