Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Which probably means we are not very near to signing anyone else in an attacking role.

Or as most fans think, £500k is a stupid offer, and Oscar rates Barnes. Simples.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes played 514mins more than CMS last season, an equivalent of just over 5.5 games (including cup games). Yes, CMS scored more in less time last season, but highlighting CMS having half a season and not acknowledging Barnes missed almost as much is deceptive.

We also should acknowledge the season before where CMS played the equivalent of over 3 games more than Barnes (including cup games), yet Barnes scored 14 to CMS's 10 (all competitions).

Fair enough. Although failing to point out Barnes missed most of the games he missed last season because he was (rather than is, hopefully) far too petulant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or as most fans think, £500k is a stupid offer, and Oscar rates Barnes. Simples.

This. Like the comment about Barnes being "well out of the their price range". He is.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
e4e5etaj.jpg

Good. We should be adding a striker, not losing one.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough. Although failing to point out Barnes missed most of the games he missed last season because he was (rather than is, hopefully) far too petulant.

Games played 51
Barnes started 29
10 games not started because of ban
12 games not started because of managerial decisions

Though that might be manipulating stats a bit. To be open with the stats:

Games 51
Appearances: 39
Banned for 10
Not featured by managerial decision in 2

Game time over the season - 4887mins
Barnes played - 2856mins
Game time of matches Barnes Banned for - 953mins + 67min missed in games sent off
Barnes missed due to managerial decisions (taken off, not started, not played) - 1011

I didn't mention the ban, because I thought most people on here recognised that was why he missed most of them.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon Sam Volkes could have instigated this. " Hey Boss when I was running around like a donkey at BHA last season I heard the abuse and shit Ashley Barnes got from his own fans, he's a good player that I could play off, why not put in a cheeky bid now Gus has gone. Ashley was his blue eyed boy according to quite a few Albion fans and maybe we can get him for a snip now"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Waiting now for a cheeky £3M bid from a Premier League side to test the waters :smile:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shirley with FPP if us customers don't spend huge amounts on food and drink, then more than one player is going to need to be sold and thank goodness we have this academy full of young but basically CHEAP players.

Such is the future of football.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, I'm glad he's staying... This board would be a ghost-town if he left although I'm certain we'd soon find a new person to blame for, well, anything.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well, I'm glad he's staying... This board would be a ghost-town if he left although I'm certain we'd soon find a new person to blame for, well, anything.

A lot would jump on the 'McSmudger' bandwagon I reckon. Or just lay into Barber more.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Shirley with FPP if us customers don't spend huge amounts on food and drink, then more than one player is going to need to be sold and thank goodness we have this academy full of young but basically CHEAP players.

Such is the future of football.

I'm trying to eat my way to a new striker!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you were Barnes and the interest from Celtic was genuine, would you sign for them on the strength of that Champs League draw?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
There could well be some truth in this if two things have happened:

1. Contract negotiations with Ashley haven't gone well, so we decide to cash in now
2. We have a replacement lined up

If both of these things are true, then there could be truth here.

For anyone who says "why would he go to Burnley, it's a dump"... he doesn't actually have to LIVE in Burnley. He could live anywhere within an hour of Burnley, and there are some nice areas in Lancashire

This sums it all up rather nicely for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here