Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You mean the header that he unselfishly directed exactly at where CMS should have been? That would have resulted in a tap-in? Exactly what he should of done in that position? Watch the highlights and then eat the pie of humility.

No I mean the header that he should have put in the net as a striker from a goal scoring position rather than trying to head it back across goal where there was no option. Seen the video already so will pass on the pie thanks

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
The pricks behind me blame Barnes for absolutely everything! Even when he is no where near the ball, it's Barnes' fault. f*** OFF.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No I mean the header that he should have put in the net as a striker from a goal scoring position rather than trying to head it back across goal where there was no option. Seen the video already so will pass on the pie thanks

Total rubbish. He saw Craig in a much better position and squared it to him. He should have been there and wasn't. If you think that was a header at goal,try watching it again and again until you don't.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
May I just commend Barnes' work rate and continued interchanging with Buckley for the full 90 minutes. They were both equally effective until 'Buckley time' as we should now refer to the last few minutes of each match. On the other hand, let's also not forget Barnes' defensive duties too.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I have no idea why people feel the need to constantly bitch Barnes.

Played well today, Gus trust him to do a job and he does and has scored 9 goals this season.

Where as CMS looks totaly out of sorts.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Total rubbish. He saw Craig in a much better position and squared it to him. He should have been there and wasn't. If you think that was a header at goal,try watching it again and again until you don't.

I an not saying it was a header at goal I am saying it should have been. He was in a great position to score and the header across goal was the wrong option. You say CMS should have been there I disagree as like myself he was probably fully expecting Barnes to head it towards the net

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Rubbish .,.the better option was to put it back across goal for CMS to knock in...simples and I don't care about videos as my view from south end of east was excellant

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would've thought that these days the likes of Navarro, Calderon (defensive lack of pace), Harley ... would be getting a mention and their own threads long before the unsung hero Barnes.

It's become an ironic bit of fun to keep the Barnes threads going.

D

Deleted member 2719

He looked as sharp as i have seen him and i thought he was a major part of our cutting edge in the last third today.

The squad is coming together nicely.

:banana::banana::banana:

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London

You're wrong.

CMS takes the rap for that one. If he hadn't pulled his run up short he'd have had a perfectly placed tap in.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Barnes is awful. All players cover for each other, Buckley does it. Barnes is to me and my friends the joke of the club. The worst finisher under any sort of pressure, no composure apart from the penalty spot.

People who say you no nothing about football if you don't rate Barnes are clearly not in the know themselves.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Barnes is awful. All players cover for each other, Buckley does it. Barnes is to me and my friends the joke of the club. The worst finisher under any sort of pressure, no composure apart from the penalty spot.

People who say you no nothing about football if you don't rate Barnes are clearly not in the know themselves.

That is one of the most misguided and clueless posts I've seen on here. Well done

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You're wrong.

CMS takes the rap for that one. If he hadn't pulled his run up short he'd have had a perfectly placed tap in.

Or alternatively if Barnes had placed his FREE header towards goal it would have made bugger all difference what CMS was up to.

Thanks for telling me what opinion I should have though and please forgive me for ignoring you and continuing to have my own

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

:fishing:

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

Yeah because you're not high

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is one of the most misguided and clueless posts I've seen on here. Well done
I'd go with that.

Barnes wasn't as effective as he has been recently, but there is nothing wrong with his positional sense. He just had one of those games where it wasn't quite happening, his flicks and neat touches weren't quite coming off, that sort of thing. Everyone has an off day though, and he didn't hide.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Great hand grenade, or you do know nothing about football.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You're wrong.

Seriously ?

Why didn't Barnes head at goal ? Surely a free header 8 yards out should be directed goal wards ?

Heading across goal to another player is surely a much more difficult and also more unlikely to be successful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here