Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anybody truly believe he will get in the side regularly ahead of Ings and Vokes ?

Bad move for Barnes, good business for BHAFC.

Ings is off, and Barnes and Vokes aren't that far apart in quality.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
This is only good business if we bring in a replacement who is the same ability or better.

Smacks of a poor contract offer, good luck Ashley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps I am a pessimist but I think that he has had a contract extension on the table without signing it as either he or his agent over valued his worth to us and the club have learnt from the episode with Glenn Murray and colleced something for him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who are the Barnes haters going to target now, at least they have got their wish. Not surprised he has gone, he took a lot of crap.

Nothing to do with him taking crap is it!? More like more money.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Brian McDermott has said he expects to complete another signing for Leeds by the weekend - is it Barnes ?

He has said he is interested in Barnes but there are another 'couple of clubs' interested

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As a point of interest, if Joe Mason is any good why isn't there a queue of Championship clubs looking to sign him?

Apparently, there are...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Barnes was never going to be a 20 goal a season Championship striker nor a player who could make a real impact in the Premiership. That's the level of player we must aim for now and that's a good thing.
The club offered him a new deal which he hasn't signed, a decent fee is on the table so off he goes. I can't say he was ever my favourite player but i wish him well.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Nope - I'm still gutted this is happening. Maybe I'll feel better after Saturday, but Ashley leaving feels like a very big blow (even if it is the correct decision contract-wise).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Barnes was never going to be a 20 goal a season Championship striker nor a player who could make a real impact in the Premiership. That's the level of player we must aim for now and that's a good thing.
The club offered him a new deal which he hasn't signed, a decent fee is on the table so off he goes. I can't say he was ever my favourite player but i wish him well.

I disagree, where was Murray at 24? Barnes is good enough to have not reached his full potential yet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Unnecessary slagging of CMS. He is far more likely to be able to complement Ulloa (our number 1 striker) than Barnes. 11 in 29 (CMS before injury) is better than 6 in 24 (Barnes this season).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brian McDermott has said he expects to complete another signing for Leeds by the weekend - is it Barnes ?

How long does it take for a medical ? Is he stalling over the deal with Burnley know he knows Leeds are interested ? Will he be having talks at Elland Road tomorrow ?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I disagree, where was Murray at 24? Barnes is good enough to have not reached his full potential yet.

Well, since you ask, he was playing at Rochdale and scoring a goal in every other game he played. And since then his goal scoring ratio has been as nearly as impressive, and at higher levels.

Time will tell, of course. I wish Barnes well but I doubt very much he'll ever be a 20 a season championship striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports