Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Somehow I don't even think that entered his head. It's all about the money! If he has rubbish games (which inevitably he will) for whoever he signs for he will still get abuse from the sort of people that do that kind of thing. It's not unique to Brighton.

The abuse "we" gave him wasn't normal. Booing before a penalty was the single-most cringeworthy moment I have suffered watching us. He was signled out certainly. The fact we have "barnes haters and lovers" displays this. We don't have "bruno lovers" or "spanish Dave haters" and they've been far more eratic in performances. I imagine the red cards didn't help.

Sure he is moving for personal reasons, but if I was him that would have made my decision a hell of a lot easier.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unfair on CMS. If you read his Twitter postings he is desperate to get back into the action and repay the faith shown by the club.

TNBA

TTF

I really like CMS the man, I am not convinced by CMS the Championship striker though unfortunately.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or a theatrical dive looking for a penalty rather than shrugging off the powder puff challenge and just planting it into the onion bag.

I'm not convinced it's the challenges that are powder puff here. :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
An understandable lifestyle choice - who would turn down the delights of life in Burnley over the grim wastelands of the Sussex by the Sea. Ashley's head has been turned. No contest.

Lol..still there is the angle that on footballing terms he might be happier..Burnley play 2 up front and I think that will suit him.. he always knows that if Ulloa is fit and maybe CMS..then it's wide left or bench

:down:

Sad day if it happens, good player played out of position in the main and always tried hard.

I would much rather have Barnes than the rabid Afghan hound any day of the week.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not imagining it am I, he's a bit pony? He cost more than Michu ffs.
Correct, you're not. He is decidedly ordinary, but with the capability to pull out an absolute worldy twice a season.

I really like CMS the man, I am not convinced by CMS the Championship striker though unfortunately.
This.

Ashley Barnes was less mobile and more profligate, but counteracted that by being twice as strong, running far more effectively and finding himself in goal-scoring positions more often.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wokipedia has already updated their page with Burnley in his details... It hasn't gone through yet!!

Someone has updated the Wikipedia page.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
An understandable lifestyle choice - who would turn down the delights of life in Burnley over the grim wastelands of the Sussex by the Sea. Ashley's head has been turned. No contest.
Alderley Edge is only an hour away by car :wink:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Taxi journey between Burnley and Leeds would be interesting to be a fly on that wall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here