Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We have 'fans' BOOING when he goes to take a penalty.

I sat with a Blackburn mate in that game, and even HE couldn't believe it

Spanish Dave gets first dibs for the penalty kicks because of his success rate , it was the law of averages of Barnesy missing that led to the Booing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Most deals that are done nowadays have add ons , could be the case that Burnley will only pay so much as a transfer fee because his Albion contract was up in June and have improved the add ons part of the deal. What we need now is Leeds to gazump Burnley at the very last minute. :lol:

That would be far from 'lol'. Barnes to Leeds would be a terrible decision. Selling him to a promotion rival is risky enough, but better one that is eleven points above us, than one who will likely be within a few points above or below us, on the edge of the play off reckoning.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I presume he's going there to sit on the bench what with them having Vokes and Ings..so just for the money then? I find that puzzling as u would think we would be as competitive as Burnley re wages

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Wokipedia has already updated their page with Burnley in his details... It hasn't gone through yet!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I presume he's going there to sit on the bench what with them having Vokes and Ings..so just for the money then? I find that puzzling as u would think we would be as competitive as Burnley re wages

An understandable lifestyle choice - who would turn down the delights of life in Burnley over the grim wastelands of the Sussex by the Sea. Ashley's head has been turned. No contest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Give me Ulloa and CMS over Barnes and Ings anyday of the week.

As somebody said on here a while ago, it's amazing how much CMS has improved since his injury :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As somebody said on here a while ago, it's amazing how much CMS has improved since his injury :lolol:
Now would be a good time for CMS to actually repay some of that ridiculous transfer fee we got fleeced with. Ideally with some GOALS rather than being pictured smiling whilst ruffling some kid's hair at some random Junior Seagulls function.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Now would be a good time for CMS to actually repay some of that ridiculous transfer fee we got fleeced with. Ideally with some GOALS rather than being pictured smiling whilst ruffling some kid's hair at some random Junior Seagulls function.

Unfair on CMS. If you read his Twitter postings he is desperate to get back into the action and repay the faith shown by the club.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports