Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Imagine the ABUSE Barnes would get from his BOO BOYS if his deal fell through and he came back, tail between his legs, and then missed 7 (SEVEN) sitters in his first game back for us.

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
"A fee, believed to be around £750,000 plus add-ons, was agreed with Brighton last night, with the 24-year-old travelling up to East Lancashire for talks today."

Lancashire telegraph

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Imagine the ABUSE Barnes would get from his BOO BOYS if his deal fell through and he came back, tail between his legs, and then missed 7 (SEVEN) sitters in his first game back for us.

How would that be different from any other game ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If Bridcutt is playing in the same game some of the abuse may be shared if he's having another nothing game

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He's getting abuse either way, stay or go.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think some people getting a little too upset over losing our current second choice striker (possibly 3rd when CMS is back). It's hardly the end of the world; not like losing Ulloa.

I agree. And a player who when we needed him last season made himself unavailable.

He chose not to sign his contract - and we got some dosh rather than him go for nothing in the summer.

I fail to see the problem.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"A fee, believed to be around £750,000 plus add-ons, was agreed with Brighton last night, with the 24-year-old travelling up to East Lancashire for talks today."

Lancashire telegraph

Isn't the fee going to be undisclosed ? I thought the £750k + add ons was turned down last week and Burnley have come back with an increased offer which was acceptable to the board.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just heard that Leeds Utd are trying to gazump the deal with a very late bid! Cannot disclose source, sorry. Just passing word on folks

Naylor sort of confirming this... It could be drawn out for his sale

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 46s
Leeds boss McDermott confirmed a little earlier: "We have an interest in him (Barnes). Another club (Burnley) are talking to him." #bhafc

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

Like what he gets now you mean despite the shifts he puts in, I'm gutted and wish him well

I hope we have a decent replacement on route?

???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was it not originally £750,000 and then became that plus add ons?

Most deals that are done nowadays have add ons , could be the case that Burnley will only pay so much as a transfer fee because his Albion contract was up in June and have improved the add ons part of the deal. What we need now is Leeds to gazump Burnley at the very last minute. :lol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not surprised he has gone, he took a lot of crap.

Somehow I don't even think that entered his head. It's all about the money! If he has rubbish games (which inevitably he will) for whoever he signs for he will still get abuse from the sort of people that do that kind of thing. It's not unique to Brighton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Somehow I don't even think that entered his head. It's all about the money! If he has rubbish games (which inevitably he will) for whoever he signs for he will still get abuse from the sort of people that do that kind of thing. It's not unique to Brighton.

We have 'fans' BOOING when he goes to take a penalty.

I sat with a Blackburn mate in that game, and even HE couldn't believe it

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Does anybody truly believe he will get in the side regularly ahead of Ings and Vokes ?

Bad move for Barnes, good business for BHAFC.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does anybody truly believe he will get in the side regularly ahead of Ings and Vokes ?

If Burnley are buying Barnes AND Wells, do you really think that Ings is staying?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I have no doubt he'll displace Vokes, he has far more to his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports