Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool once bought Neil Ruddock for £2.5m

Think Palace also paid a million for Shipperley at some stage. Might have been another club, not 100% sure.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
danny welbeck - 1.85m

Nakhi wells - 1.70m

I imagine there is a corelative weight difference as well.
plus welbecks SICK cameo afro gives him extra gravitas

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
The Leeds bid could always be higher based on amount paid up front or differently structured add ons. Say for example Burnley offer 750k plus 20% sell on but Leeds offer 900k plus 10% sell on.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have said it before and think we should try and hang on Barnes, does it not tell you something about highly rated a player we have here when we have not one but two promotion chasing teams after the young lad. We will rue the day we sold him for peanuts and a million these days is just that compared to the wealth a promotion is regardless if we keep him once or if we got up.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I have said it before and think we should try and hang on Barnes, does it not tell you something about highly rated a player we have here when we have not one but two promotion chasing teams after the young lad. We will rue the day we sold him for peanuts and a million these days is just that compared to the wealth a promotion is regardless if we keep him once or if we got up.

I would totally agree but for the fact that he is stalling on a new deal here and can leave for nowt in 6 months... forces our hand a bit.

Totally agree, plus
Selling to promotion chasing rivals ? Remember Glenn Murray anyone ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we get Mason from Cardiff as a replacement I will be pleased. Somethng different to what we have.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would totally agree but for the fact that he is stalling on a new deal here and can leave for nowt in 6 months... forces our hand a bit.

I get that Rock'a'billy Gripper Stebson, however I think that if he helped us get promotion that would be a small price to pay for the wealth the Premiership will bring the club. A gamble yes, but the odds are in our favour I feel.

However if we have someone else lined up behind the scenes then sell him, these are the only realistic scenario's for a team chasing promotion.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Totally agree, plus
Selling to promotion chasing rivals ? Remember Glenn Murray anyone ?

But the season after he left us that lot only finished 17th (or 18th, my memory fails me). It was only last season he started scoring for fun and most of them were after Wilf fell over in the box.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But the season after he left us that lot only finished 17th (or 18th, my memory fails me). It was only last season he started scoring for fun and most of them were after Wilf fell over in the box.

Often overlooked . He scored a mere 7 league goals in 2011/12 after the transfer. Less than Ashley Barnes and CMS. Palace fans weren't entirely sold on the bloke that season. He's not played at all this season of course, not due back for a while and it will be interesting how he performs without Zaha on top form which he was for most of 12/13.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
17th , don't you remember all the Nigels banging on about how well they had done compared to us that season ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this
and I don't like to bring this up but our last manager said Barnes would be worth 1m one day and it looks like that day has come
besides which what are all the Barnes haters going to do if he goes???????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
this
and I don't like to bring this up but our last manager said Barnes would be worth 1m one day and it looks like that day has come
besides which what are all the Barnes haters going to do if he goes???????

They're planning a merger with the Spanish Dave Is Rubbish brigade. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports