Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Leeds in for Barnes too according to Naylor.

I Guess this won't affect the price. We've already accepted an offer from Burnley, Leeds will offer the same.

It's just up to Barnes to decide which of the 3 clubs he want's to play for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I Guess this won't affect the price. We've already accepted an offer from Burnley, Leeds will offer the same.

It's just up to Barnes to decide which of the 3 clubs he want's to play for.

Accepting an offer from Burnley doesn't mean if a higher offer from Leeds is made we have to turn it down because Burnley were first in the queue.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A move to Leeds will be tempting for Barnes. The Champions League is the place to be these days.

:lol:

I'd much prefer him to go to Burnley than Leeds but there you are, find it strange that there's clubs competing for Barnes but not Bridders. ???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Accepting an offer from Burnley doesn't mean if a higher offer from Leeds is made we have to turn it down because Burnley were first in the queue.

I'm merely suggesting that there's not going to be a bidding war that pushes up the price for Barnes.

If Leeds know that we've accepted say, £800k, then why would they need to pay any more?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
i may be missing something but how can nakhi wells (who looks like he'd blow away in a strong wind) be worth 1.25m and barnes only go for 800k?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
We aren't going to sell Barnes, Buckley, Leo and Liam in this window, as various rumours have suggested. At the very most, we'll part with two of them.
From the outside looking in, Liam and Ash do seem the most likely but there's no doubt in my mind that Barnes will be an Albion player for the rest of this season.

I also don't understand why Burnley would relentlessly pursue him. There's players with much better goal-scoring records available.

He creates aswell though. He's also young and with a fantastic positional sense. I really want him to stay. A great player to watch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i may be missing something but how can nakhi wells (who looks like he'd blow away in a strong wind) be worth 1.25m and barnes only go for 800k?

I don't think transfer values are ONLY based on weight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Wells has an extra year on his contract, compared to Barnes

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
:lol:

I'd much prefer him to go to Burnley than Leeds but there you are, find it strange that there's clubs competing for Barnes but not Bridders. ???

Perhaps because the kind of role Bridcutt plays is only suitable to a certain amount of teams playing styles.

Every team however needs strikers who can score.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm merely suggesting that there's not going to be a bidding war that pushes up the price for Barnes.

If Leeds know that we've accepted say, £800k, then why would they need to pay any more?

This is Leeds we're talking about :lolol: It could work out cheaper to pay more up front as a transfer fee and match the wages offer from Burnley than offer the same fee but more money in Barnesy's wage packet every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here