Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But by the time we get there (if we ever do), Barnes may well be nowhere near the first team. Burnley in their position represents a risk for sure, because they not go up and he might be stuck at a smaller club with an inferior infrastructure to the Albion. But if he is offered a better pay deal, that would soften the blow. And IMO he's at least as likely to play in the Prem with them as he is for us.

Very good points. I can see it makes sense for him now.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Have we got a replacement lined up then as it would be madness for the club to carry on with only two fit and available strikers.

If he is going to Burnley, then it suggests to me that the club (OG, DB and TB) are either not concerned about losing him or feel they can get a better player for the money Barnes is demanding to stay here. Murray again.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If he is going to Burnley, then it suggests to me that the club (OG, DB and TB) are either not concerned about losing him or feel they can get a better player for the money Barnes is demanding to stay here. Murray again.

That worked out well for us didn't it....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think Obika is the emergency replacement we needed to get in quickly - for as much training with the team as possible - as it's planned Barnes will be gone or won't feature on Saturday, and I hope there is another ( better? ) incoming striker later in the transfer window.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unless he has made it clear he won't be signing a new deal with us, I'd be GUTTED. An excellent, still relatively young player, who I believe after hearing Albion Roar, is in our top 25 scorers since the club began. Not bad for a striker, largely played out wide

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't believe that the club would be foolish enough to let Barnes go without getting in a better striker on a permanent deal. Anything less would be a backward step in my view, which we would come to regret. The very idea that we might be left with just Ulloa up front plus a loanee striker fills me with dread.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I can't believe that the club would be foolish enough to let Barnes go without getting in a better striker on a permanent deal. Anything less would be a backward step in my view, which we would come to regret. The very idea that we might be left with just Ulloa up front plus a loanee striker fills me with dread.

We have been short of strikers for nearly two years now and if this is true we have sold two more in one week. Lets hope Burke knows what he is doing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apparently, this thread was started three days ago, and I've already posted in it. Has the title been changed or is my memory that bad?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think Obika is the emergency replacement we needed to get in quickly - for as much training with the team as possible - as it's planned Barnes will be gone or won't feature on Saturday, and I hope there is another ( better? ) incoming striker later in the transfer window.

We have CMS coming back at the end of the month - apparently!!!, personally think we should bite their arm off if we get offered £1m for Barnes

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Said it before and will say it again - really don't want Barnes to go, he gives so much to the team in attack and defence and just seems to be getting better all the time.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Said it before and will say it again - really don't want Barnes to go, he gives so much to the team in attack and defence and just seems to be getting better all the time.

I agree and just hope the club can see this too.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Can't believe we would let Barnes go, although not exactly prolific still scores a few and a great team player that gives 100%. What can you get these days for £1 - £1.5m. Pay the wages and keep him even if as a squad striker, it's not like we are overrun with goal scorers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports