Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Consistently? I only mentioned it twice in a response. He said himself he ignores the negatives in the crowd so he knows they're there.

Sorry if it wasn't you, but I have consistently read on here that he will leave because some fans give him stick, which I believe is utter nonsense. What Ash has said is that he felt unwanted at the club earlier in the season but that was in relation to not getting games at that time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What does Burnley have that we dont ? Just because they are 2nd, doesnt mean they are going up. Just look at Middlesbrough this time last year - were at the top of the table(ish) then went in freefall for the rest of the season.

Also not sure Burnley have more money to offer than us.

I agree that Burnley are NOT a better bet than us, but not sure what Ash/his agent thinks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree that Burnley are NOT a better bet than us, but not sure what Ash/his agent thinks.

A lot depends on the offer to him.

I agree with you in relation to the fans issue. Whilst it doesn't help, there are abusers and idiots at every club who will pick on players, and I suspect it means little compared to an extra £3k a week.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My point is that nothing is certain and they arent really any better than us - they got a better start than us, mainly because we had a new manager "bedding-in process" and now were improving.

Also, since they arent doing too badly at present - would Barnes actually be needed ? Why would he move just to be a benchwarmer ?

What - £5 and some Tetley Tea ?

Ings is off this window.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Again, why would Burnley sell now ? They wouldnt be where they are now without him so again, selling him would all but kill-off their promotion charge.

Everyone has a price.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Burnley only want him as a back up striker so there is no walk in position for him.

Which is the same postion he's in here with Ulloa about. Like it or not, Barnes signing a contract is likely 95% about money. Do I rate Ash as player - Yes massively, Do I think he should be one of the top 10 earners at the club - probably not.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I also don't understand why Burnley would relentlessly pursue him. There's players with much better goal-scoring records available.

Because goalscoring isn't his most important trait, it is holdup play, work rate, passing and getting back to defend when needed IMHO.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Which is the same postion he's in here with Ulloa about. Like it or not, Barnes signing a contract is likely 95% about money. Do I rate Ash as player - Yes massively, Do I think he should be one of the top 10 earners at the club - probably not.

Could you name 10 you'd want to pay more?
Ulloa, Ward, Kuzcack and Bridcutt, can't think of may others

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Because goalscoring isn't his most important trait, it is holdup play, work rate, passing and getting back to defend when needed IMHO.

I prefer Agustein in this role on his performance against Reading.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course, but why cash in now when his goals could be worth £120 Million in the Summer should they be promoted. Besides, if he keeps the form up - he would simply go for the same price in the Summer, maybe even more.

Because the player wants to move to the Prem now!?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I prefer Agustein in this role on his performance against Reading.

?
holdup play - he pushed some defenders of the ball once, he is nowhere near as good as Barnes
work rate - you're just being silly
passing - in theory he's a better passer, however he has no idea of his limitations at the moment and gives the ball away needlessly because of it
getting back to defend when needed - he came back and gave away three or four stupid and needless free-kicks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here