Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes MIXING It From The Moment He Came On

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The right hand clip clearly shows he has his eye on the ball. And his arm on the keeper. It's exactly where you want your forwards to be. Right there in the MIX.
Rubbish, if you are seriously telling me you are happy with your striker jumping no more than 6 inches off the ground to make a challenge on the keeper then Barnes is clearly your man.

The only thing he was focused on was letting Ryan know he was there to make him think twice at the next challenge. Cynical and very old school and reminiscent of another old school Burnley thug, Joey Barton.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He was very unfortunate on that particular ban.
Ref looks back to goalie just as Ashley decides to run back towards a different side of the pitch than he was heading too.
Ashley doesn't see ref, ref doesn't see ash as he's looking backwards. Ref trips over him and sends him of out of embarrassment.
Now the fa being the fa never going to get overturned but you can see why he was annoyed at the club for not backing him.

You should have gone to Specsavers as your version of events is clearly seen through myopic eyes!

Brynsleynudge1

Jun 2, 2014
Great to see Barnes getting the boo boys going again... (me included) Showed passion, spirit and willingness to offend, no problem with that at all.
Class that he was applauded by us, that said he knew he had a job to do and got on with it unlike Izzy recently at Huddersfield who thought he still played for them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You should have gone to Specsavers as your version of events is clearly seen through myopic eyes!

As someone who was at that game, it is very accurate. I also spoke to Barnsey at the sponsor's dinner a couple of weeks later, and he was upset the club didn't back him.

As for comparing. Barnsey to Joey Barton, words fail me! I don't think Ashley would stub a cigarette out in a youth player's eye!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Could not be much more of a blatant foul, only Dyche whinged about it not being one in the whole ground.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
As someone who was at that game, it is very accurate. I also spoke to Barnsey at the sponsor's dinner a couple of weeks later, and he was upset the club didn't back him.

As for comparing. Barnsey to Joey Barton, words fail me! I don't think Ashley would stub a cigarette out in a youth player's eye!

Don't be stupid, in no way was I comparing Barnes to Barton's off-field thuggery, but was alluding to the fact that Barnes is more than happy to be stupid on the pitch and shows signs of petulance when things go against him. The ref trip is only one such incident, there was also the sending off against Burnley when he stamped on a player.Chelsea aren't too fond of him either.

As for his assertion it was an accident, well he is going to say that, isn't he. The club didn't back him as it could have resulted in an increase in his ban for a frivilant appeal - which is it exactly what happened!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't be stupid, in no way was I comparing Barnes to Barton's off-field thuggery, but was alluding to the fact that Barnes is more than happy to be stupid on the pitch and shows signs of petulance when things go against him. The ref trip is only one such incident, there was also the sending off against Burnley when he stamped on a player.Chelsea aren't too fond of him either.

As for his assertion it was an accident, well he is going to say that, isn't he. The club didn't back him as it could have resulted in an increase in his ban for a frivilant appeal - which is it exactly what happened!

I saw it, and it was an accident. I know El Presidente says the same thing, and so does jackanada. We didn't even know at the time what the red card was for because the ref didn't even stumble. We thought it was a red card for swearing at the ref, which would have been more believable.
He caught the heel of the ref, but because he'd been denied a penalty earlier for being wrestled to the ground by an arm around his throat, he had been moaning to the referee all game. I don't blame him for that.

You believe what you want to believe, but I am not stupid.
I may do or say stupid things, but I am not stupid.

Poor debate.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I saw it, and it was an accident. I know El Presidente says the same thing, and so does jackanada. We didn't even know at the time what the red card was for because the ref didn't even stumble. We thought it was a red card for swearing at the ref, which would have been more believable.
He caught the heel of the ref, but because he'd been denied a penalty earlier for being wrestled to the ground by an arm around his throat, he had been moaning to the referee all game. I don't blame him for that.

Poor debate.

Er, excuse me, you were the one who started the name calling saying I was stupid for comparing Barnes petulant to attitude to Barton's.

I have to confess I wasn't at the ref trip game, but even from the distant fan video online it is reasonably clear that the "accident" version doesnt hold a lot of water. You have further backed up my assertion with regards Barnes by saying he was hacked off as he didn't get a blatant penalty in that game - his response for that is clear to see, a stupid sulky dig at the ref.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Barnes’s barge on Ryan was really funny and typical of Ashley. I like the lad and am still gutted that we couldn’t keep hold of him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Poor debate.

Er, excuse me, you were the one who started the name calling saying I was stupid for comparing Barnes petulant to attitude to Barton's.

I have to confess I wasn't at the ref trip game, but even from the distant fan video online it is reasonably clear that the "accident" version doesnt hold a lot of water. You have further backed up my assertion with regards Barnes by saying he was hacked off as he didn't get a blatant penalty in that game - his response for that is clear to see, a stupid sulky dig at the ref.

As for comparing. Barnsey to Joey Barton, words fail me! I don't think Ashley would stub a cigarette out in a youth player's eye

Name calling? What have I called you.
Words failed me because I couldn't believe you could compare the two. I didn't call you anything.

I'll leave it there because we are never going to agree. You're happy to make a decision on a phone video from a long way away, and what I witnessed in person, in front of me.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What I wouldn't give to have his character, fight and determination in our squad right now. Old fashioned, red blooded passion for the game.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So it turns out Ashley Barnes has the capacity to divide opinions on NSC...

Who knew?! :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dunk and him ran back up the field together laughing after he bowled over Ryan so the players clearly don’t agree with you

Says it all really. And that's without that touching moment at the end of half time when AB was coming off from his HT sub warm-up thing and GM was coming back onto the pitch for the scond half and they did the little man-hug thing.

AB would be welcomed back in two shakes of a lamb's tail by the players, the management and the pre-Amex proper Albion fans. IMHO. Obviously.

:goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here