Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes MIXING It From The Moment He Came On

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
At the end he returned with others and the fitness coach for a warm down and a supporter from the North shouted "Ashley come back home in January" his responce was "send a taxi and get me out of this shit hole" heard by all his colleagues. It made me chuckle. I like him!

Behaved like a complete wanker . Was a definite red card, violent conduct. Has always been the same, horrible, dirty , gobby *******.....which was of course acceptable when he played for us but not when against us!

First saw him coming on as a sub for Eastbourne Borough against Lewes, while he was warming up he was chatting with the fans. Seemed a nice lad tbh. 0

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I thought we did well to contain him, safe in the knowledge that he would miss all chances afforded him......until the 16th chance. Fortunately he didn't get anywhere near the 16th chance to put the ball in the net, although he did take his 1st opportunity to put the keeper in the net :albion2:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Anyone who doesn't rate Ashley Barnes fir a team of our level is a poor judge of player, including Poyet.

We all know that if we had kept GM instead of signing CMS we would have been up 5 years earlier but the reality is, even after letting Muzza go, we had a CF capable of firing us to the Prem. Unfortunately, GP decided to play him on the wing instead of up front with an actual winger outside him...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But everyone on NSC knew Barnes wasn't good enough for the Championship.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not so sure. In a big game like today I was a bit confused to see him getting a standing ovation from some. At the end of the day he still plays for the opposition :shrug:

I clapped him when he came on because of a large number of hours I spent with him, when we weren't in the Premier League, when we weren't as good as we are now, and when we weren't at the Amex and when he ALWAYS put in 100% for my team, and to my mind, was one of our shining lights.

Once he was on, i hoped he wouldn't score and booed him whenever the opportunity arose (the Matty Ryan Challenge).

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Let Maty Ryan know he was there earlydoors.

Proved far more of a handful for Dunk and Duffy than any Burnley player had up to that point.

With a player like Ashley Barnes in the side, you might go down ,but you'd always go down FIGHTING.

Total respect :bowdown:

(and good to see the Albion applause when he came on as sub)

:clap2:

Some times that 'fight' leads to a 7 game ban when you trip a ref. No thank you. Absolute liability in a relegation battle.

No respect.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Wonder what people would have thought if he'd dislocated Ryan's shoulder

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Wonder what people would have thought if he'd dislocated Ryan's shoulder

Probably would argue what a focused, combative, goal hungry player he is and how much we miss someone like this ... before condescendingly accusing any detractors of just not understanding football :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone who doesn't rate Ashley Barnes fir a team of our level is a poor judge of player, including Poyet.

We all know that if we had kept GM instead of signing CMS we would have been up 5 years earlier but the reality is, even after letting Muzza go, we had a CF capable of firing us to the Prem.

:laugh:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Some times that 'fight' leads to a 7 game ban when you trip a ref. No thank you. Absolute liability in a relegation battle.

No respect.

He was very unfortunate on that particular ban.
Ref looks back to goalie just as Ashley decides to run back towards a different side of the pitch than he was heading too.
Ashley doesn't see ref, ref doesn't see ash as he's looking backwards. Ref trips over him and sends him of out of embarrassment.
Now the fa being the fa never going to get overturned but you can see why he was annoyed at the club for not backing him.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Never a foul.

20171216-brighton-burnley-2-eng-720p_1.gif
533c66539a5d9ed01.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here