Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes test tickets.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because the 'Delivery Charge' involves an additional service. It's actually taken physical effort and an extra cost to deliver the tickets and is justifiable. In other words it's a valid extra and not just a sneaky unavoidable surcharge added to a sale to enable tickets to be legally advertised at a cheaper price than that which you will end up paying. Jeez.

So how about his two £77 tickets costing £192, acceptable because it's not Bhafc ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One things for sure, we get absolutely ripped off in this country for sporting events.

Haye v Fury for example - £200 + for half decent seats

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The grounds might be. The nice guys on the turnstiles at Lords have always seemed unbothered. But it's a few years since I've tried this.

It used to be associated with debentures in the grandstand. In 2006 I got a couple of tickets for the one day final v THE MIGHTY Lancs; first row, upper grandstand, square of the pavilion end wicket for £30 a pop. Pretty much the best seats I've had for anything. The tickets were designated for DWS/ Deusche Bank/ Morgan 'Joyce' Grenfell or some wotsit and they are obliged to have a certain number of bums on their seats to maintain their debenture.

There is NO chance of getting tickets via this route on a Thursday or Friday .... but Saturday and Sunday is fine because the people who own the tickets are generally in Monaco or breeding kids named after opera characters.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Managed to grab tickets for day's four and five at Lord's, tenner for day five through the ballot, also day's two and three at the oval. Looking forward to it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
i wonder how many people would think the below is justifiable

https://www.seatwave.com/buy/ticket...aq.com&tduid=aa926b1158f1c7df18bb8da612ec77e1

4 x Grand Stand tickets day 4 @ £175.00 each £700
Delivery £9.99
Booking fee £126.00
Rip-off, but then you are buying through a third party (seatwave) who need to add their bit on. Unlike at the Albion where the people selling you the ticket and the people organising the event are one and the same.
So how about his two £77 tickets costing £192, acceptable because it's not Bhafc ???
It depends on the circumstances. As I mention above it might be a genuine booking fee or a commission paid to a third party. Either way it's the people who just blindly accept all booking fees without protest who allow these people to get away with charging what they like. Saying 'everybody does it' isn't good enough.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've always wanted to attend an England - Australia ashes match so have been looking at prices etc for the next and upcoming tests. Next one is at Lords so had a peek and even though they are well expensive in the so called exclusive zones rather than sit with the riff raf, so thought they were rather moderate prices where we want to sit.

£77 each and that's on the Monday so two of us is £150. Saturday then you're talking £400 but haven't checked if that's for one or two people.

I want to know if we brought ticket for Lords on the Monday but the game was over by Sunday then do we get a refund because of no play on Monday as can't see any mention of refunds etc.

What happened on the refund?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Got 4 restricted view tickets last Friday for the 4th day just through ring up the MCC box office (£30 each) Always a few tickets returned as well from touring parties.

Always work a call - 020 7432 1000

How restricted was the view mate? I may try somethnig like this for the Oval test? Dunno who to call though...

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
What happened on the refund?

They were £85 each. Just phoned customer services but are closed, office hours 9 - 4. Can see this being really hard work and probably be uneventful in getting my refund but shall phone asap in the morning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ashes Tests are the real hot ticket in cricket ( excuse the poetry ) and if you want to watch one you really need to get in early. wouldn't bother with this summers, better off trying for the Tests in Oz as they have bigger grounds and , on current form, the locals are not going to be climbing over each other to buy them. Failing that, check the itinerary for the next series of Ashes Tests and get on the mailing lists.

I have been to Lord's for the saturday of a Test against New Zealand and it was a good day out but I wouldn't go again as it's more fun to sit in with a tinny and scoff and watching all the replays / DRS at leisure.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ashes Tests are the real hot ticket in cricket ( excuse the poetry ) and if you want to watch one you really need to get in early. wouldn't bother with this summers, better off trying for the Tests in Oz as they have bigger grounds and , on current form, the locals are not going to be climbing over each other to be there.

Yeah it's a lot cheaper if you get a flight to Brisbane and watch a test match there. With flights, hotel and match ticket it's only about £ 1500 quid.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Received the following message from Lords this morning:

Dear day 5 ticket purchaser,

Due to the England v. Australia Investec Test Match concluding on Day 4, your ticket for the fifth day will be refunded to the original purchaser over the next 4 weeks.

People who purchased by credit card will have their card refunded. If your card has now expired or you paid by cheque, you will receive a refund by cheque.

Please note that the processing of the refunds is a manual process for the Ticket Office, so we ask for your patience and understanding whilst the refunds are processed.

You do NOT need to send your 5th day tickets into the Ticket Office to claim your refund.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah it's a lot cheaper if you get a flight to Brisbane and watch a test match there. With flights, hotel and match ticket it's only about £ 1500 quid.

But think of the fun being there when we stuff them !

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Received the following message from Lords this morning:

Dear day 5 ticket purchaser,

Due to the England v. Australia Investec Test Match concluding on Day 4, your ticket for the fifth day will be refunded to the original purchaser over the next 4 weeks.

People who purchased by credit card will have their card refunded. If your card has now expired or you paid by cheque, you will receive a refund by cheque.

Please note that the processing of the refunds is a manual process for the Ticket Office, so we ask for your patience and understanding whilst the refunds are processed.

You do NOT need to send your 5th day tickets into the Ticket Office to claim your refund.

This isn't looking good at all, in fact it's how I predicted it would turn out and my worst fears will be confirmed tomorrow. I brought the tickets of 'GET ME IN' and paid £170 for two tickets.

They came by special delivery and they were in the lovely lords envelope etc and when I looked at the tickets they were for £30 each so the ticket holder sold them on to 'get me in' sold them to me. So the bloke who sold them to 'GET ME IN' will receive his money back and made a nice little earner, 'GET ME IN' have made a killing and I have just lost (maybe) a small fortune.

Unbelievable. Really pissed off now :wozza:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This isn't looking good at all, in fact it's how I predicted it would turn out and my worst fears will be confirmed tomorrow. I brought the tickets of 'GET ME IN' and paid £170 for two tickets.

They came by special delivery and they were in the lovely lords envelope etc and when I looked at the tickets they were for £30 each so the ticket holder sold them on to 'get me in' sold them to me. So the bloke who sold them to 'GET ME IN' will receive his money back and made a nice little earner, 'GET ME IN' have made a killing and I have just lost (maybe) a small fortune.

Sorry to hear that, Looks like the tickets were a bit of a "Pass The Parcel" except no one wanted to be stuck with them.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Sh1t! It does sound like person who sold the tickets to GET ME IN will pocket the refund.
I always hate buying tickets second hand from unofficial agents...stories like this only backs up my hatred for them.

Have GET ME IN got a Facebook page? You could always write on their webpage about the refund policy...highlighting the fact the end user doesn't get the refund. Companies are very quick to respond to negative publicity on social network websites.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

You'll get your money back from Getmein. They don't release the funds to the seller until after the event to cater for this eventuality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
You'll get your money back from Getmein. They don't release the funds to the seller until after the event to cater for this eventuality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dear FootSoldier.

This is an important email from GETMEIN! regarding your booking for England v Australia - Ashes - 2nd Test - Day 5.

Please note that the event originally scheduled to take place on 22 Jul 2013 11:00 at the Lords Cricket Ground has now been officially cancelled.

All customers are entitled to a full refund. Your order will now be cancelled and refunded automatically for you.

Please allow up to ten working days for the refund to appear in your account.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please do not reply to this email. This inbox is not monitored and you will not receive a reply. For further information or queries please visit our Frequently Asked Questions portal.

Kind regards,

GET ME IN!

They even phoned me this morning before I phoned them. I'll have no hesitation in purchasing tickets from them in future :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here