Ashes: 3rd Test @ Perth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A quick 50 from Johnson and a little wag from the tail will see them home and hosed at 400 all out....

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We lost the toss again?

I'm not a huge Cricket fan but do enjoy watching when I get the chance.

I have worked out how important the toss is, it's almost like they could do away with the cricket altogether and just have a five test coin toss.

WHY? Why don't they just have one coin toss at the start of the series and then take it in alternate turns to choose whether they want to bat first or not before each test. Would seem a bit fairer. At the moment it seems like having another coin toss to choose ends when coming out for the second half of a football match.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I have worked out how important the toss is, it's almost like they could do away with the cricket altogether and just have a five test coin toss.

WHY? Why don't they just have one coin toss at the start of the series and then take it in alternate turns to choose whether they want to bat first or not before each test. Would seem a bit fairer. At the moment it seems like having another coin toss to choose ends when coming out for the second half of a football match.

Paper-Scissors-Stone best of 3 would be fairer...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Thats a good shout, can see NO reason why that couldn't or shouldn't be adopted.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thats a good shout, can see NO reason why that couldn't or shouldn't be adopted.

The home team would be able to prepare all pitches after the first Test knowing whether they were batting first or second.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
do you fukkaz realise what it is like to stand in 38 deg heat for 6 hours .....it aint nice.....don't know who won the toss but sticking us lot out to field was/is a master stroke.....oh dear...!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
do you fukkaz realise what it is like to stand in 38 deg heat for 6 hours .....it aint nice.....don't know who won the toss but sticking us lot out to field was/is a master stroke.....oh dear...!

I am sure that it is not pleasant running up and down in 38 degree heat wearing pads and a helmet, yet they managed to do it without too much of a problem.

Has Captain Cook checked that it is not a two sided coin?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I keep saying it...these England bowlers are overrated. They cannot put a side under sustained pressure. They get early wickets...as many as 4 or 5 or 6 and then the opposition still pile up a big score.

Were you saying it on the last tour when they were all taking wickets? Or during any home series when they all take wickets? Your analysis seems to only consist of "we're all crap, and even if we're not crap it doesn't count because players were all better 30 years ago".

I keep saying it - cricket is a game of conditions. Anderson is solid anywhere in the world but doesn't take as many wickets if the ball doesn't swing. Swann's record in australia isn't that great anyway but he's now looking shot since his shoulder op. Bresnan is on a hiding to nothing on this wicket, he simply isn't quick enough and it's a poor selection IMHO, they should've gone with Finn.

That said, from what I saw they all bowled pretty poorly to Smith, Haddin and Johnson.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's twice now we had the convicts for cheap and they dug themselves out. I hate to say it but they deserve The Ashes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So that's at least a 100 run first innings lead for Australia secured then.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I am sure that it is not pleasant running up and down in 38 degree heat wearing pads and a helmet, yet they managed to do it without too much of a problem.

Has Captain Cook checked that it is not a two sided coin?

i have been to escourt numerous times, it is a different heat in w.a ......savage...!! , believe me we will get feck all from this test.....the lads will be foookt.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i wont be watching anymore of the ashes as England are making it so easy for Australia and its looks like england dont want the ashes sorry just how i feel

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Were you saying it on the last tour when they were all taking wickets? Or during any home series when they all take wickets? Your analysis seems to only consist of "we're all crap, and even if we're not crap it doesn't count because players were all better 30 years ago".

I keep saying it - cricket is a game of conditions. Anderson is solid anywhere in the world but doesn't take as many wickets if the ball doesn't swing. Swann's record in australia isn't that great anyway but he's now looking shot since his shoulder op. Bresnan is on a hiding to nothing on this wicket, he simply isn't quick enough and it's a poor selection IMHO, they should've gone with Finn.

That said, from what I saw they all bowled pretty poorly to Smith, Haddin and Johnson.

Billy, you're doing that thing again when you start of disagreeing with someone, but in your argument you end up agreeing!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports