Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The BT Sport commentators were heavily suggesting it was an intentional Aussie tactic for Burns.

I thought that was utter bullshit and it was just a wayward first delivery. Not as wayward as Harmison's famous opener though, obvs.

They know he falls across his stumps, but the plan for any first ball is simply to bowl it straight. Make them play, hit or miss.

It was a miss.

A bad one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder what the score will be when I wake up to check it at around 7am tomorrow morning?

I'll go with 248/4

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been involved with cricket for 60+ years [playing / coaching] with the last 15 coaching youth county cricket.

I've learned never to judge a game after only one innings, and certainly not a series.

As Greavsie [RIP] used to say [about football] "It's a funny old game" - and this is more true of cricket.
Indeed. You can't judge a pitch until both teams have batted on it. We could skittle Australia out for a mere 450.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Did anyone notice whether Burns is still taking his guard on off stump? If so, it might be worth the coach telling him to stop the nonsense and bat like a professional cricketer in the second innings.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Did anyone notice whether Burns is still taking his guard on off stump? If so, it might be worth the coach telling him to stop the nonsense and bat like a professional cricketer in the second innings.

Don’t think he took off, but by the time his trigger movement had happened, he was practically cuddling cover point.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

I meant to check but blinked and it was already too late ….

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't think it matters where he takes guard. He can't hold the bat straight.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Still convinced ??

Yes. My £10@250/1 for a 5-0 thrashing is admittedly hanging in the balance but once we leave the Gabbatoir with rain saving our bacon the day nighter victory in Adelaide, that Anderson and Broad have been saved for, will put us in front.

Oh yeah of little faith!

Roland

Banned
Sep 29, 2021
Almost certain I’ll stick the tv on at 6am and see the Ozzies over 400 with several wickets in hand.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Heads up for anyone who hadn't noticed and is braving watching again tonight, play starts half an hour early at 23:30 due to lost time time yesterday.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Blazing sunshine in Brisbane. Great decision, Joe.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can’t look. Off to sleep for me. Wake up and hope as I look at my phone in the morning. Inevitable disaster and disappointment awaits.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I’ll give it until drinks and then see. Watched it until lunch last night and definitely felt the Ashes jet lag kicking in today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here