Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quick sweepstake on our second innings total anyone?

I'm going for 156.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wonder how many ducks our openers have scored in 2021? Must be approaching some kind of record.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
At least we won't be going to the MCG 3-0 down this time round.

Now my optimism is telling me that we'll fight back at the MCG and SCG. 2-2 going into the 5th Test in Hobart. :smokin:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Once this Root - Stokes partnership is broken it should all be over fairly quickly. There's no real grit or adhesion in the team past this pair.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:tantrum:
its difficult to get replacements in to australia and quarantined, not sure if there are any replacements currently good enough, available and currently in any sort of knick. Think we are stuck with the squad we have.

get the ashes done ……

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It's quite chronic really. In my honest opinion the worse state of English Test Cricket for over two decades. Too much emphasis on supporting the so called bigger counties, apart from Robinson an apparent complete lack of development of other pace options. OK i know Archer is injured but they haven't really looked at an Anderson replacement have they? Opening batsman have been mediocre for a decade, we may as well start at 10 for 2. It's all very well having Stokes, Buttler etc who can bash 75 in 5 overs on the limited over format but the sheer discipline that Test Match cricket dictates and deserves has been cruelly neglected.

Set up a task force of Boycott, Hussein, Giles, Thorpe, Anderson and Cook and put in place a 10 year plan, with priority and emphasis being given to the Test team over ODI teams.

Oh and bring it back to terrestrial broadcasting. ITV do a great job with the racing so they should be given the opportunity to have three year Test Match exclusive broadcast rights (that's rights not rites!)

Depressing but with our national resources, not insurmountable.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here