[Football] As a Toon fan

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hope you all enjoyed the pilot .

Tune in next week for ....... . ....

Episode 2

Things to do with a rolled up newspaper .

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
As a toon fan your playing some really good stuff, everything we aren't.

Thanks that we are, the funny thing is though we have been playing really nice football all season, a long way from when you guys were calling Ole every time you passed the ball because we were playing 8-1-1 that was so embarrassing. What I think has changed at this point in the season are the stupid mistakes, oh and the goalkeeper.

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
A club that deserves a bit of success for it's fans. Personally a favourite awayday - prematch in the Newcastle Arms then any of many pubs after. Some great football chats with the locals over a pint makes for a very enjoyable day.
Yeh, voted the best away day apparently for away fans. We are very lucky to have such a good party City. Apart from the steps, Club has been given special dispensation from the PL to house the away fans there.

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
Cheers mate it`s starting to pay off , good chance for 3 points for your lads tomorrow . Proper supporters you lot , deserve better , hope were both still in the Prem next season :thumbsup:
Seconded mate, cheers. Yeh, would do us a favour and keep Burnley there or there abouts. Come to something when I'm hoping other teams get beat. By the way do you put your great possession style of footy purely down to Potter?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yeh, voted the best away day apparently for away fans. We are very lucky to have such a good party City. Apart from the steps, Club has been given special dispensation from the PL to house the away fans there.

Newcastle is a brilliant away day/weekend. Great city, knowledgeable and non-aggressive fans, proper football ground (but oh, those steps), girls wearing basically nothing. The only downside for me is the distance, and I say that in the knowledge that I live 70 miles closer than most Albion fans.

A truly big club with an absolute tosser for an owner. Hope you get that sorted out - the fans deserve so much better.

Welcome to NSC. Good to have a Toon fan aboard.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Seconded mate, cheers. Yeh, would do us a favour and keep Burnley there or there abouts. Come to something when I'm hoping other teams get beat. By the way do you put your great possession style of footy purely down to Potter?

I love Potter but I don’t put it purely down to him, no. Bloom has been building the club in a particular way ever since he took over, through the academy/training facility, appointments like Dan Ashworth etc. It runs top to bottom.

Hughton will always be a legend here but his style of play wasn’t quite the right fit for the long term. Potter was the last piece in the jigsaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

It is a fibre of the club, every age group plays in a similar vein with close control and plenty of short passes trying to overcome the opposition press. Potter was identified as a coach who plays good football and will give youth an opportunity to play.

In less than 2 years he has sold/released so many experienced players (Ryan, Schelotto, Montoya, Duffy, Bong, Bernardo, Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, Locadia, Andone, Murray) and replaced with talent from within (Sanchez, White, Burn, Bissouma, Alzate, MacAllister, Tau, Connolly) and only 4 players with 100+ games (Webster, Maupay, Veltman, Lallana) Our main focus in the transfer market has been young talents like (Lamptey, Caicedo, Moder, Karbownik, Zeqiri) usually signed for around £4-5m but having a manager that will play such players means we are continually planning for the long term furture

Potter is a big part of the set up but because the club appointed him knowing how he would fit in. If he left we would look for another in a very similar mould, not necessarily someone who plays the same tactic or formation but someone who will promote youngsters and develop players rather than spending big to recruit

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
As a toon fan your playing some really good stuff, everything we aren't.

It's a strange one because most Newcastle games i've seen you've been very passive but recently especially against Leeds and Everton you've been very attack minded and it works.

I still think your players are too good to go down but I also wouldn't be happy with the football you play the majority of the time.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Decent pub ,with the football memorabilla shop across the road . Top day out ,top ground 3 rows from the back of the away end even with my poor eyesite the view was decent . So different from the 80's when frankly it was dodge city as a non local . Just a shame the club always fails to deliver.

I had to run fo run for my life from 4 Geordie skinheads after the '79 promotion match. I don't bear a grudge though. I would have if they'd caught me.

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
Your or you're

I know your type, putting ing, is and ed on the end of words when playing Scrabble 😆

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here