Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal's Gabriel tests positive for the plague

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Over coronavirus NOT the plague. One is a virus and the other is a bacterial infection easily treated with antibiotics.
Can one of the mods ban this boring, vaguely unintelligent and undoubtedly humourless dildo? He ruins every thread he posts on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Almost everything with Covid-19 has.

Several times over the last nine months, I've either sensed the tide turning and/or felt it was coming in far faster than most realised and said that events would be postponed, cancelled or places closed, I would then be called out by some for being an alarmist and then stuff rapidly changed.

It's going to be a rough couple of months, as the hospitalisations and deaths sadly already "baked in" from recent infections play through and we wait for the positive effect of the vaccination programme to take effect.

I can't see how schools can return a week from now.

I'll take one of those places! :wave:

In my defence that was early days and I've been a good boy ever since.

At least we know we'll be in a much better place in just 14 weeks time (Easter)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I wonder if the Premier League would consider the private procurement of vaccines so that they could protect all squads and associated staff.

It would probably only take 2,000 - 3,000 vaccines to do what is required - a very small number in the context of the tens of millions being produced, but the "we can spend cash to jump the vaccination queue" may be the wrong message for the PL to be sending out.

I thought the Govt have already said no vaccine will be sold to stop richer people buying it before everyone is vaccinated, my mum is 90 and has still not heard about the vaccine yet. I would be highly pissed off if premier league players/officials and club employees got it before the vulnerable

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wonder how many EPL clubs will be paying for extra tests for their opponents before the FA cup. Or how many games will go ahead.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought the Govt have already said no vaccine will be sold to stop richer people buying it before everyone is vaccinated, my mum is 90 and has still not heard about the vaccine yet. I would be highly pissed off if premier league players/officials and club employees got it before the vulnerable

That's going to be the next national binfest.

My step-dad who is 81 and has underlying conditions is due for vaccination next week. My mum who is his full time carer and 78 is nowhere on the horizon. Effectively he will have to isolate until she has hers.

Meanwhile, on a work call with an Israeli colleague yesterday in his early 50s he tells me he has already had his and that because they are a small population their government is saying they will be back to normal internally very quickly.

I guess if EPL etc has to stop we are back to watching sport from small, advanced countries. So cricket from New Zealand and Israeli football it is then.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I guess if EPL etc has to stop we are back to watching sport from small, advanced countries. So cricket from New Zealand and Israeli football it is then.

The Isle of Wight Travis Perkins Sunday League?

Still, it’ll be good to see Leon Knight again.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Meanwhile, on a work call with an Israeli colleague yesterday in his early 50s he tells me he has already had his and that because they are a small population their government is saying they will be back to normal internally very quickly.

Both countries will be fine until the next plane flies in or cargo ship docks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That's going to be the next national binfest.

My step-dad who is 81 and has underlying conditions is due for vaccination next week. My mum who is his full time carer and 78 is nowhere on the horizon. Effectively he will have to isolate until she has hers.

Interesting........

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/19/netanyahu-gets-covid-vaccine-starts-israel-rollout

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both countries will be fine until the next plane flies in or cargo ship docks.

The passengers flying into New Zealand on the next play will be locked down in a hotel for 14 days.
Covid tested every day.

I listen to a New Zealand orientated podcast, when speaking to their contributor in England the New Zelander need the concept of face masks explained to him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Figures over the last few days are alarming given they are currently England only and not all areas at that (i understand the rest of UK have not been submitting figures over Xmas).
Highest daily cases today I believe.
Is football that important?

...and yet I guess you watched Sunday’s game ....giving tonight a miss?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

This.
My Mum has not heard yet either. If I knew that an overpaid player had received their jab first that certainly would be the end of football for me.
On the other hand, should the government agree, put me top of the list to buy a jab for my family. But they've already made it clear this wont happen, unless you donate a few million to Boris, allegedly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Niche, even for you Stat.

Not really, The Cryptid Factor is one of my favourite pods.

Rhys Darby - Hollywood, Flight of the Conchords et.
Dan Schreiber - No such Thing As A Fish
Buttons - A giant among New Zealand's film and audio production.

Basically 3 mates fookin about under the guise of aliens, monsters, myths and legends.

If you fancy it start with The Segmented Issue episode, which I think pretty much fails to mention aliens, monsters, myths and legends, in favour of fookin about.

Utter chaos

https://www.podbean.com/media/share..._share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=w_share

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr tells me Sussex FA have decreed all under 18 games this weekend are optional but will be mandatory from next week on wards.

I find that hard to believe.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

I have read that initially it was up to GP's to put their hands up and nominate to be a vaccine centre. The Drs in Uckfield got in very quick and was one of the first to be set up, my gran (95) and auntie (92) had theirs on 16th Dec and are going back for the 2nd jab next week. Others are coming on board each week, my Drs are starting from 4th Jan for the over 85's. I'm sure all GPs will get there in due course.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
...and yet I guess you watched Sunday’s game ....giving tonight a miss?

I think that’s a little unfair. If he stopped watching the footie that wouldn’t actually achieve anything. If it is on then regardless of one’s view, people may as well watch. I think the PL protocols have broadly worked so far and I am enjoying it, particularly as there is nothing else to do. There may come a point though when Covid overwhelms the clubs and it may make sense to suspend the season. Hopefully not.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I see Everton are calling bullshit on city

I wonder if City can’t play the semi final next week they will he kicked out like Orient?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here