Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m inclined to agree with bridcutt. Nothing more than a hunch but he seemed happier at Leeds. If it was a straight choice last summer without any agents, transfer requests etc I think he would have chosen Leeds.

Nonsense. Sorry did someone force Ben at gunpoint to sign a new 4 year deal?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Bye bye. Well done the club as well. It was blindingly obvious Ben wanted to go to Leeds last year (which was completely understandable with the season he had with them) but he put in a good season and both parties are going to be rewarded handsomely.

Gutted to see him go but it sounds like the club really have been made an offer too good to resist.

It really, really wasn't.

If he had wanted to go, the club would have let him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It really, really wasn't.

If he had wanted to go, the club would have let him.

It's not as if Leeds were ever in the same part of the division as we were, last season.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I don’t think he had much option without looking like a mud slinger so early in his career.

Like I said it’s just a hunch but I think he would have preferred to stay at Leeds. I don’t know what’s so hard to believe about that.

I’ll caveat all of this by saying that Leeds fans, who I detest, were very bitter last year and I was desperate for Ben to remain with us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's followed by Fabrizio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what that is but 2.5k followers - if he genuinely used to work for sky sports properly he prob has a mate there or just copies. He’s put: ‘ Can confirm a £50m bid has been accepted by Brighton’ - The Argus has said that’s bollocks via Camlin or Barber or someone. So who do you believe now?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lots of tabloid transfer readers on this thread. Or Leeds fans. Either way they’re believing bollocks.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It was? Where?

Is that why he signed the 4 year deal with us and made a video with the club saying how he happy he was to come back?

The Leeds fans have done a real number on some of you guys (“he’s Leeds through and through and everyone knows it”). It’s actually impressive.

In my opinion it was blindingly obvious at the time. I didn't say it was reported so calm down. The guy had never played for us so there was no tie to us. Had an amazing season at Leeds and signed a deal when it was clear the Leeds deal wasn't going to happen. If I was him I'd have also wanted to join a club who I had an amazing amazing season playing for and guaranteed prem football instead of.coming back to a team of.players I never played with.

We would all love to believe clubs bid and then speak to players when the offer is accepted but that just isn't reality. If you are a club you want to know from the players representative before you start going into bidding that the player has an interest otherwise its a big waste of time and causes embarrassment. White had an amazing season at Leeds, clearly had made friends and in my view would have liked the move. The fact Leeds kept coming back and his agents comments throughout were clear indications they would have liked the move.

Why did he only sign a deal after failed bids and not earlier? Because if you aren't getting your move you may as well get a better salary. I'd do the exact same thing.

And now you bring up the best bit. His Interview after signing the deal. I love you have taken that bit of club pr as gospel. Brilliant. It was SO clear from everything in that interview that he was hardly BUZZING WITH SHEER DELIGHT.

My view has nothing to do with Leeds fans. It's to do with my eyes.

I'm not blinded to think players love our club. We are an employee.

None of the above is a criticism of Ben. When it was clear to me he wanted to go to Leeds I had no issue with it. But he knuckled down, worked hard and now he is getting his move. Fair play to him.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I would like to spend a chunk of the money on Anderson from Fulham, he looked comfortable on the ball and is an excellent defender. Would give us that extra cover if/when White does go.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
In my opinion it was blindingly obvious at the time.

Just one quote. One piece of evidence.

If it’s “blindingly obvious” should be fairly easy.

He was nurtured by our club for a long time. Leeds was no different to Newport (where Ben has said most of his friends are) and he’s clearly got mates down here. Honestly I think the Leeds fans propaganda has done a number on you. This is what their local press was inventing all last season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Wouldn't you improve your salary if you were staying somewhere!!??

Don't tell me you believe in players actually committing to the years in their contracts. By that logic you expect Ben to turn down a move this summer and say "sorry guys. I have 3 years on my deal and I'd feel awful to.et them down"

It's.ok to accept players want to better themselves.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Blooms always been clear that if a player wants to leave, and the price is right. He wouldn't stand in the way.

We didn't want to sell, and Ben didn't want to leave. It's really that simple.
The price wasn't right. That's the key

This year its double.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Don't tell me you believe in players actually committing to the years in their contracts. By that logic you expect Ben to turn down a move this summer and say "sorry guys. I have 3 years on my deal and I'd feel awful to.et them down"

You've turned White signing a new contract into evidence he wanted to leave?

He was always going to be getting a better deal once he proved he was good enough. Like every young player that has made the step up with us, they've been given first-team contracts.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Ben could have quite easily requested to go to Leeds.

His agent doesn’t seem the shy retiring type. If he really wanted to go he’d have made a transfer request or chosen not to renew. Then the club would be more pressured to sell.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

I think most people on here will be fine if he ends up going to the likes of Man City or Liverpool. Going to Leeds at the start of last season would hardly have been bettering himself though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just one quote. One piece of evidence.

If it’s “blindingly obvious” should be fairly easy.

He was nurtured by our club for a long time. Leeds was no different to Newport (where Ben has said most of his friends are) and he’s clearly got mates down here. Honestly I think the Leeds fans propaganda has done a number on you. This is what their local press was inventing all last season.
I'm sorry. What QUOTE are you after for my opinion that it was clear he would have gone to Leeds. You want me to find a quote from our player saying he wants to move before it's happened??? I've told you. It's my opinion that it was obvious. Stop.worrying about what people said or club-released PR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here