Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be incredibly suprised if either are here. Both will want ot go if the big clubs are knocking and TB will want the money considering we have ready made replacements for both. I don't even think White was that influential for us over the season if I'm being honest and would put him behind Veltman, Webster, and Dunk if that was the measure.

That says more about the Albion and their centre back addiction than it does White.

I'd be amazed if you were saying the same in 12 months time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll be incredibly suprised if either are here. Both will want ot go if the big clubs are knocking and TB will want the money considering we have ready made replacements for both. I don't even think White was that influential for us over the season if I'm being honest and would put him behind Veltman, Webster, and Dunk if that was the measure.

Possibly - I'm relaxed either way - there's a min £100m incoming if they both go, it's great for the club to be able to show a pathway to the top for any aspiring players and no-one is irreplaceable anyway. Agree re White - potentially the best defender maybe, but he's not the best we have now - the real value is in the potential. Putting in in perspective, one player sale comfortably covers the cost of building the academy. If we start next season with a back 3 of Veltman, Dunk and Webster (flanked by Lamptey and March) we'll be in decent shape at the back - not quite so sure about CM (Moises perhaps but not seen enough of him to know) but sure the club have plans.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't forget we have Clarke, Dendonker, Van Hecke plus talent in the u21 team in this position

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if we see Caicedo and Moder together eventually. Clearly Gross will still feature, and we've got to hope for a but more from Alzate this season but those two have the physicality to be real assets next year. Can also see Mac playing deeper as his career progresses.
Sanchez
Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey Caicedo Moder March
Mac Tross
Wellbeck or new striker
Seems exciting to me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't be surprised if we see Caicedo and Moder together eventually. Clearly Gross will still feature, and we've got to hope for a but more from Alzate this season but those two have the physicality to be real assets next year. Can also see Mac playing deeper as his career progresses.
Sanchez
Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey Caicedo Moder March
Mac Tross
Wellbeck or new striker
Seems exciting to me.

I’ll happily take that as our starting line up for the first game.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Let’s hope someone comes in with a massive Gazzump! If he goes I wish him all the best. Time for us to reinvest

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I have to say, I have mixed emotions here. Having seen him live against City, he's a superb all round defender with so much potential, but £50m is insane money (the same amount City spent on Stones and only £10m less than then spent on Dias). If we were to lose someone, grudgingly, I would prefer to lose a CB like White than Bissouma or Lamptey on account of our 3,000 CBs. My only qualm is that it's Arsenal. He could do so much better.

Would I be happy with a back 5 of March, Webster, Dunk, Veltman, Lamptey next season with someone like Ostigard in reserve? Yes, 100%

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Lets face it 50 Million for our 3-4th best CB is superb business. Especially as we developed him through our academy and have players in that position with bags of potential who could have the opportunity to step up. Most importantly this is a HUGE cash injection for the club, and when you add this to removal of Izquierdos wages and Proppers etc there are significant savings already. I can see Ryan out next and the savings will have been significant.
And whilst we appreciate the losses over the past year, this will give TB the cash to reinvest in developing the key areas of the squad where we so desperately need it.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I have to say, I have mixed emotions here. Having seen him live against City, he's a superb all round defender with so much potential, but £50m is insane money (the same amount City spent on Stones and only £10m less than then spent on Dias). If we were to lose someone, grudgingly, I would prefer to lose a CB like White than Bissouma or Lamptey on account of our 3,000 CBs. My only qualm is that it's Arsenal. He could do so much better.

Would I be happy with a back 5 of March, Webster, Dunk, Veltman, Lamptey next season with someone like Ostigard in reserve? Yes, 100%

He could do better than Arsenal you're right but he clearly wanted to go to Leeds lastyear and obviously Arsenal are above Leeds so it's not a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For £50m I'd say that's a great bit of business for the Albion.

We have:

Dunk
Webster
Burn
Veltman

In the existing squad who can play CB (With March back Veltman will be freed up).

Plus

Clarke,
Ostigard
Lars Dendonker
Paul Van Hecke

I might have missed one? Plenty of cover.

That aside the most important aspect is that the academy has started to produce players that we can make a BIG profit on, and this will actually encourage talented kids to join the Albion, as the pathway is there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Slightly surprised at this if he does go. Not because he's leaving us, but thought he could do better than Arsenal.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't complain at that fee. Bit surprised he would want a move to a club that have been a sinking ship of late but fair enough. Good luck to him.

Perhaps this means Biss is staying? You'd assume this pretty much rules out a move to Arsenal.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Slightly surprised at this if he does go. Not because he's leaving us, but thought he could do better than Arsenal.

He wanted to go to Leeds so it's no surprise he'll accept Arsenal also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Going to be gutted if he does go, was really looking forward to watching him for at least a season. My 7 year old who worships him and has name on his shirt will be devastated! I told him White lives in Worthing and he's been going on about us moving there!

I really do think he's better than Arsenal though. Fully expect him to move to City, Liverpool or another elite level club in a year or two so hope we do add in a sell on clause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here