Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On what you've seen in first half..... take a guaranteed point now or play second half and go for all 3?
I'd take the point to be honest. We don't have much on the bench and I'm worried that as the half goes on and we tire more we're going to give the ball away one too many times in a dangerous position.

If we had options off the bench and looked fresher I'd go for the win but I really, really, want us to qualify for Europe so I'll take the guaranteed point and eke out however many we need.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think it’s very nervy, we are playing one of the best teams in the league. I was never likely to “enjoy” it in fairness.
The problem with our possession stats and pass success is its mainly around our own 18 yard box with some real heart stopping passes..... we've not done too much at the business end yet.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The longer they don’t score, the more tetchy and nervous they’ll get, need to keep it tight and cut out the mistakes

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Am I alone in enjoying this? Some of the passing at the bag is big cojones in the extreme …
Not at all - I like having a high BP and tachycardia 😂

Enjoying watching Arse trying to find answers for our ‘standing on the ball’ and ability to win back possession as quickly as they loose it though - also enjoying us giving as good as them with the shoving and shirt pulls 🙂

And thoroughly enjoying showing the big 6 Arse they can expect to loose or at least not beat ‘a team like us‘ if they can’t be bothered to turn up.

Last edited:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Wow. Some of our fans on here are absolutely delusional, looking at some of these comments.

We are away at a potentially record breaking Arsenal, 2nd in the league, 25 out of 35 wins this season, in a must win game to keep their title hopes alive...

...and we're probably the better side so far, with 62% possession.

... and some fans are expecting even better. What is wrong with you muppets? :cautious:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Take that (again)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We look off it today to me. Not sure if it's tiredness or down to Arsenal's system/pressing. We've given the ball away sloppily a lot.

The way we play is high risk/high reward but the balance shifts towards risk when our passing machine isn't perfectly calibrated. That's my worry but Arsenal haven't been their usual self either(like with us I don't know if that's down to them or how we're set up/playing) so the game is there for the taking.
A bit worrying if it's still tiredness, given the schedule coming up 😬😬

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'd take the point to be honest. We don't have much on the bench and I'm worried that as the half goes on and we tire more we're going to give the ball away one too many times in a dangerous position.

If we had options off the bench and looked fresher I'd go for the win but I really, really, want us to qualify for Europe so I'll take the guaranteed point and eke out however many we need.
I'd go for the win. Don't forget we've got Southampton to come and we're bound to hand them three points.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
JULIO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here