Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We look off it today to me. Not sure if it's tiredness or down to Arsenal's system/pressing. We've given the ball away sloppily a lot.

The way we play is high risk/high reward but the balance shifts towards risk when our passing machine isn't perfectly calibrated. That's my worry but Arsenal haven't been their usual self either(like with us I don't know if that's down to them or how we're set up/playing) so the game is there for the taking.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
We badly need Caicedo back in the middle. I just feel like everytime the ball is kicked into the middle of the park Arsenal pick it up, with Caicedo in the middle you just know he will be there to save the day or at least be putting the Arsenal player under pressure if they get there first.

When Arsenal counter it feels like I'm watching us at our best, mainly because Caicedo isn't there to intercept.

Pervis is worrying me too, feels like he is a red card waiting to happen the way the game is playing out.
We need a plan to help him out and shut Saka down. I would think Caicedo switches to midfield and Gross goes to right back.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It’s weird how often our best chances come from lumped clearances when teams press us, all from our chances have been created like this and not with our normal slick passing.

That's how we often play now, it's what I've loved since RDZ took over.

The players dont have to pass it all the way from front to back from a press, we often ping it over the middle too.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Will take a 0-0 at the finish as any point from this will be a bonus. Lads played OK and certainly been a match for Arsenal so far. Only let down has been Ally Mac who, for some reason hasn't played well since the world Cup.(apart from decisive penalty against United)🙂
I think you’re missing the grunt work he does. Better with Caicedo in midfield which I expect we will see after half time.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Not the best performance, but not the worst. Need to be careful at the back though, Arsenal lay a similar style and like to press high up the pitch.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We look off it today to me. Not sure if it's tiredness or down to Arsenal's system/pressing. We've given the ball away sloppily a lot.

The way we play is high risk/high reward but the balance shifts towards risk when our passing machine isn't perfectly calibrated. That's my worry but Arsenal haven't been their usual self either(like with us I don't know if that's down to them or how we're set up/playing) so the game is there for the taking.
On what you've seen in first half..... take a guaranteed point now or play second half and go for all 3?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Really missing Caicedo in midfield - he is so often the one who receives the ball, turns and breaks through 2-3 players. MacAllister does it, but not so well, or as frequently.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Good first half. Two great footballing sides cancelling each other out through the high press.

Arsenal are a very good side, and we've probably been marginally better. No clear chances, but perhaps we had the best chance of the halg through the Mitoma cross/Enciso shot.

Ferguson is a beast, could be the difference today. Worried about Estupinan - rightly getting stuck in, but could get sent off if he's not careful (we don't want him to be too careful up against Saka).

Concerned about Trossard... he looks up for this. Would be absolutely typical if, you know, I'm not even going to say it.

Could go either way this fixture judging by the first 45, but we can be proud that we are matching, if not bettering, this very strong Arsenal side in this first half.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sky sports basically just do 15 minutes of adverts during half time now, do they need more money or something??

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Will be a different 2nd half imo. Arsenal will increasingly start to push for a goal as they really need to win. We need to be patient and take out chance/s when they come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here